Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grumbler

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
Hawaii.
You have no idea what Safari is going to do with your web pages. Sometimes, I'll put the phone to sleep overnight and have the page still there in the morning, and sometimes it'll clear a page and have to reload after five minutes.

NiceArthur32

macrumors newbie
Feb 29, 2008
yahoo and youtube wont work!

hey all, my yahoo mail wont work, aol mail works just fine...

it says my username or password is invalid, but its not!!!

and youtube doesnt work either... and many of the apps that claim to fix this dont work...

i dont know what to do anymore...

somebody please help..

=/

SkAlex

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2004
Music / Incoming Call with Headphones

Not sure if this is quite a bug or what, but I can't imagine anyone wanting the iPhone to function this way:

I'm listening to music with my headphones on. A call comes in, music fades down and (instead of looking like I'm talking to myself), I receive the call and then unplug my headphones to speak to the person. When the call ends, the music comes back on, but over the iPhone speakers.

Anyone else experience this?

mack120

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2008
Cheshire
Bugs??

Hi have had my iphone for about a week. I have spoken to Apple on 2 occasions now about a problem i had.
Everytime i opened up a screen which required keyboard (qwerty) input the phone would close to home screen. Could input or even make calls. I restored two or three times now (pain in the ass) and the tech guy seemed to think it was my McAfee software conflicting????? Have removed it and installed Norton which is provided with my BT account?? so far seems to be working ok???
Any other poster eab6287 mentioned SMS taking time to open ? 5 secs. unable to reply to them so not sure if they have resolved this issue. Well since my problems i have noticed this too. I just thought i was being paranoid after the problems i had.

Hope this helps other people or if same probs feel free to get in touch

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
Unstable internet

16GB iPhone 1.1.4 FW
Safari frequently quits when browsing web sites
YouTube quits occasionally

Looking forward to fixes in next firmware update

sesmale

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2008
Safari on 1.1.4 cancels a jscript confirmation immediately

Since I upgraded to 1.1.4 my iPhone seems to be having issues with Javascript "confirm" boxes in Safari.

A test page is here: http://www.sesmale.co.uk/confirm - you can choose "OK" or "Cancel" from the confirm box, and it then pops up an alert box to tell you which you chose.

On my iPhone, the confirm box box pops up and immediately goes away again, to be replaced by the alert box "You pressed Cancel", then when you acknowledge that, the confirm box returns for long enough for you to answer - but the response is then ignored and the confirm box just silently goes away..

It's like it immediately returns "Cancel" before you can press anything, then lets you make a selection anyway, but ignores the response...

Does anyone else's iPhone do the same thing on the address above or is it a special feature mine has developed?

JUMPINTHEGUN

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2008
Visual Voicemail problems

I searched but to no avail...

8GB 1.1.4

I have had my iPhone since 6/29 and had really zero problems. Sure there are things to improve and some bugs, but nothing that really affected the normal usability of the phone (except browsing on EDGE)...

Recently, though, my visual voicemail is VERY slow or totally non-responsive - I have a good signal 3 - 5 bars, but many times I can see the VM, but when I tap on it to listen, it won't download. I have a VM that has been sitting for 2 and a half hours that I can't listen to via visual voicemail. Called ATT - they said call apple - called apple they called ATT and ATT wants to reset my data plan, but that will erase all my VM, so I need to listen to it first... well, if I could listen to it I wouldn't be calling!!!! I know I can call my VM, but that is a pita.

Anybody else having this? Any workable solutions?

Thanks!

hollerz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Durham, UK
Since I upgraded to 1.1.4 my iPhone seems to be having issues with Javascript "confirm" boxes in Safari.

A test page is here: http://www.sesmale.co.uk/confirm - you can choose "OK" or "Cancel" from the confirm box, and it then pops up an alert box to tell you which you chose.

On my iPhone, the confirm box box pops up and immediately goes away again, to be replaced by the alert box "You pressed Cancel", then when you acknowledge that, the confirm box returns for long enough for you to answer - but the response is then ignored and the confirm box just silently goes away..

It's like it immediately returns "Cancel" before you can press anything, then lets you make a selection anyway, but ignores the response...

Does anyone else's iPhone do the same thing on the address above or is it a special feature mine has developed?

Mine works fine on that site! I'm on 1.1.4 aswell :/

laz305

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2007
Miami
in Phone my Favorites cannot be changed, no matter how many times it just resets back to what it was before.

guruji

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2008
while browsing iphone gets too hot !!!

my phone is getting too hot while i am using it for browsing for about 1 hour !!!

i am afraid the electronics inside will not live longer.... :(

MyJelleo

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

While trying to set up a new wallpaper, if you get a text message and choose to either close or reply, the phone freezes.

NJester

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2008
Date Problem

My calendar is not correct. Can anyone suggest a way to get my calendar to be accurate?

natw308

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2008
bug: occasionally when i'm listening to music it just randomly quits and returns to the home screen it really bugs me as i had the same problem on my ipod touch

geekmommy4

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
Texas
bug: occasionally when i'm listening to music it just randomly quits and returns to the home screen it really bugs me as i had the same problem on my ipod touch

Are they songs that you imported from CDs? If they are, try to convert them to AAC. I found that solution here on MacRumors awhile back and it worked! It's a pain to identify which songs do it and then have to go to the PC to convert.

afd

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
The Chloe Bug

Have posted this in another thread, but saw this one tonight and thought I'd post it here too.
I can't type Chloe in a text or email. When I get to the E the key doesn't work, and even keeping finger down and moving only highlights the surrounding keys. after typing the wrong letter I can backspace and type an E, or sometimes AutoCorrect changes a R to an E, but it is annoying.

Moleshome

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2007
Turn the iPhone into landscape mode and it shows the correct album art as well as the correct artist, song name, and album. Now I return the iPhone to portrait mode and go back to the Artists screen and scroll down to The Offspring. Same thing here, click shuffle and still looks great. Now turn the iPhone into landscape mode and something is wrong. It shows the correct cover art for The Offspring Greatest Hits, but the Artist is displayed as Boston, and the album art is in the wrong order.

I'm seeing a similar thing with compilation albums. In portrait mode the track details are correct, go to landscape mode and it shows the wrong artist.

walnuts

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
iPod bug crashes entire phone

Anyone have this problem:

When listening to an album and doing nothing else (display is dark), upon reaching the end of a particular song (or starting another), the phone restarts. I've actually had the problem repeat for the same album at the same point at the album (Exile on Main Street). It seems to happen only when playing the whole album (just picking out the song and listening through doesn't do it). It happened both on my 8GB and 16GB (I replaced the first) all running 1.1.4.

It's only happened to me 4 times (I don't often have the opportunity to listen to a whole album through.)

chwhale

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2007
Screen problem

I'd be interested to see how many people have had their touch screen crap out. I had a small band on the top of the phone that quit responding to touch. In safari, I couldn't tap the title bar and get the page to scroll to the top. In stocks, I couldn't select the first stock.

I validated that it was the screen by going to safari and turning to landscape. I could touch the top bar then and it would scroll up to the top. But, nothing on the side of the phone (where the band is) would respond to touch.

I sent it in Friday and have received word from Apple that they're replacing it. Anyone else get this? :confused:

g00k

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2008
after playing a whole album my iphone stops playing music... now my iphone repeats the album over and over again till the battery is empty... what is normal?
and why do i have to press the "voicemail" button so hard? other buttons/touchscreen activations i just need to tipp.... or is this done on purpose? and can i play fast forwards with my headset? just know skip and next track.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.