iPhone Bumper...fit

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by godaz, Jul 14, 2010.

1. godaz macrumors regular

Hi,

Has anyone find their iphone bumper to be a bad fit?

Mine is terrible, loose and constantly moves when in my hands. I have found debris under the bumper which I put on straight from the packaging and cleaned both surfaces down when applying, this has left marks on the phone.

I can handle the marks on the phone but I want to get the bumper replaced for a tighter fitting replacement?

Has anyone done this?

Cheers

Grant

2. evanavevan macrumors member

evanavevan

Mine was also slightly loose when I got it which was really annoying, but I was able to fix it myself pretty easily (definitely kind of ridiculous that I have to, but it's still pretty simple). I just took some white electrical tape (I have a white bumper) and rolled it up sticky side out and lined both of the sides and the top with in inside the bumper then put it on. Electrical tape is good because it's not sticky enough to leave a residue when you take it off but it's sticky enough to add enough grip and traction to stop the bumper from moving around. Plus it adds just a tiny bit of cushion between the phone and bumper which also helps the fit. Mine fits great now, but yeah it kind of sucks having to fix it myself but it's easy enough.

3. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

Many people have complained about the poor fitting of the iPhone 4 bumpers.

You're not alone.

4. King Luis macrumors 6502

hey, did you know there are other threads about this?

hey, did you know there is a thread that is a possible fix on this?

hey, did you know that over time, its possible for the bumper to fit better?

now you know.

5. godaz thread starter macrumors regular

Hey, did you know my question was relating to taking the bumper back.

Hey, I dont want to fix something I paid £25 that should work.

Hey, have you any posted anything relatively helpful/productive?

Now don't post in a thread I create again.

6. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

Just got my white bumper and I'm pretty disappointed.

I had to use the "paper cutout" method to make it fit really tight but that's not the worst part. The bumper actually raises the sides of my screen protector and gives it bubbles.

I'm going to leave it on temporarily and hope that Powersupport comes out with their Air Jacket case for the iPhone 4.