iPhone Bumper isn't fixing the reception issues for me

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lambo, Jul 13, 2010.

1. lambo macrumors regular

I bought the Apple Bumper (black) and my phone still has reception issues. It goes from one bar to full bars sporadically and the death grip still lowers it down two bars. Meanwhile, my iPad 3G has consistent full bars the entire time when it is sitting right next to it.

Am I the only one where the Bumper didn't help?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Not sure why you're comparing it to the iPad 3G... That doesn't mean anything.

Also, the "Death grip" issue, is bridging the antenna, you shouldn't be able to bridge that with the bumper on.

Based on what you're saying, you should be able to see the same "sporadic" results, by removing the bumper, and just cupping your hand around the iPhone's left side, but without touching/bridging the antennae.

3. steeler560 macrumors newbie

Try this...it works!

Take a 1 inch piece of clear Scotch tape and neatly place it over the bottom left corner of your iPhone. Use an Exacto knife or razor blade to trim the tape perfectly so that it only covers the metal ring.

I did this and I get 4 bars no matter how I hold my iPhone. You can't see the tape at all if you trim it neatly.