iPhone bumpers shipping from China???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by onep00nis, Jul 1, 2010.

1. onep00nis macrumors member

I bought two bumpers from Apple Store and just got an email that my order has been shipped. When I looked on FedEx tracking, it shows that my iPhone bumpers are being shipped from China. I guess more people have the antenna issue than I thought and buying up all the bumpers.

photo.jpg

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

They are all shipped from China. That's where they are made. Phones, docks, bumpers, etc. There is no other stock to ship from.

3. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

You know, people buy bumpers for reasons besides antenna issues. Like for protection. I did.

4. kits macrumors member

Looks like Bumpers will result in exponential profit growth for Apple this year :). How long before places like Monoprice sell bumpers for pennies? Or does Apple have patent on Bumpers? Apple seems to have created shortage even on bumpers. I see them selling for more than $30 on Amazon and ebay :(

5. nfl46 macrumors 604

6. JulesK macrumors 6502

Yup, and it's a slow boat

I ordered one on 6/24, and it shipped yesterday from China. Not scheduled to arrive until 7/8 (arghh!). My local Apple store received some yesterday, but by the time I got there, all gone. Maybe they'll get more daily, who knows. I'm entering a block of travel and really want something beyond just the Zagg shields.

7. onep00nis thread starter macrumors member

I ordered mine on 6/25 and just got the shipment email this morning.

8. NevadaJack macrumors 6502

I ordered mine on June 23rd along with the iP4 before there was any mention of a "problem." So do not assume all the orders for the bumper are related to the "problem." I received it 2 days ago via FedEx from China, the same as any other items I order from Apple.

9. Fisticuffs2065 macrumors member

I ordered mine pre 24th and got it shipped from Ontario, California. Then again I did over night shipping.

10. Gjeepguy macrumors regular

i ordered mine on "preorder" day. they shipped on launch day and i got them the following monday. China, Hong Kong, Alaska, Tennessee, NC.