iPhone Button Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MXSkier62, Aug 18, 2008.

1. MXSkier62 macrumors regular

I've only had my iPhone for about 3 weeks now (I got it late.. thanks AT&T) and it has been working great! Well, except for one thing. The button on the top of the device, the one that controls power, etc, has become somewhat depressed into the iPhone itself. It is almost as if when I pressed the button down one time that it decided not to come back up. But this isn't a single time thing, it has slowly been depressed into the device.

Currently it is still totally functional, but a) has anyone had a problem like this (if it can be called a problem) and b) since I am still under warrenty does it seem worthwhile enough to go get it fixed/get a new iPhone. Also, would this qualify as a serious enough issue to justify in a fixing/replacement?

Thanks for your help!

2. PredatoryWasp86 macrumors member

if it bothers you at all you should have it replaced, because that is definitely not normal.
    also there is a chance it could stop working in the future as a result of this problem.

3. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

same issue here..almost totally depressed into the phone. i'm monitoring it 24/7 for any further changes. ;) I'll take it into apple next time i'm in the store.

4. droeun macrumors member

5. kricket macrumors newbie

same deal with my phone, did you end up getting it looked out, and if so what was the outcome? wondering whether i should do something about mine, cause it is annoying me!

Cheers

Kristopher