iPhone: Buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macguy40, Jun 24, 2009.

?

Buy iPhone now or wait?

1. Buy it now!

26 vote(s)
    78.8%
  2. Wait for new version of the iPhone.

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  1. macguy40 macrumors newbie

I have Version Wireless and I have been wanting to switch to ATT for a while now to get an iPhone. But my VW contract is up next year in April. I was going to cancel it and get the new iPhone 3G S but I was wondering if you all think I should wait until another iPhone comes out or if I should do the switch now. Thanks!

2. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

if you have a 3G then buying a 3G S wont be much of a difference.

since you have verzion and your contract is ending then go for the 3GS unless you want to wait another year its entirely up to you. nobody knows whats going to be on the next iphone anyways

3. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

4. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

Put it this way, Apple needed a minor upgrade for the minority owners of the 2G phone this year. They need a major upgrade for majority 3G owners next year. Next year's iPhone will have a whole slew of features that could include 5 MP camera, twice the RAM of the 3GS, a 64 GB model, Wireless N, a front facing camera with video conferencing, hopefully a better battery, and any more creative ideas from Apple. I'd say wait, even though the 3GS is the best phone on the market, unless you plan on paying more than $100 a month for your contract because then you'd be eligible for an early upgrade next year if you buy this year's iPhone. It's your choice and you'd honestly enjoy the next year with a 3GS very much, but I'd say wait, it's what I'm doing, and your patience will pay off.

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

Buy now! There's definitely a MAJOR difference in speed on the new one! Makes it a better experience overall!

6. Lakerfan210 macrumors regular

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I'd personally wait. You're probably talking $100 to break your contract. I love this thing, but I wouldn't do what you're talking about doing. If you wait until your contract is up, you should have a hint of what the next iPhone will bring. Buy it that June and you'll be at the top of the game without losing the $100.

8. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

9. barkomatic macrumors 68040

It makes absolutely no sense to buy a 3GS now if you are under contract with Verizon--unless money is no object for you. It's a great phone, but there will a new iphone model every year with better and better features. Learn to resist the inevitable hype that comes with the iphone every year and buy when you qualify for the full subsidy.

10. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

DO NOT BUY IT NOW.

The iPhone 3G is a minor upgrade, same idea as Snow Leopard. Small changes now ususally indicate BIG changes later.

Good things come to thouse who wait.

11. macguy40 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone for the opinions. I think to cancel my Verizon contract I have to pay somewhere around $200. I could see how making the switch could add up very quickly.

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

It is worth buying now if you dont have an iPhone

13. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Buy now, why wait. I love the speed of my 3Gs.