Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GoldMan, Jun 19, 2011.
Do you guys think i should buy the iPhone 4 or wait untill September for a "possible" new one?
Can you provide some more information about your situation?
Do you have a working phone now? Is it working but almost dead?
My opinion, if you have a working phone that isn't on its last legs, wait. If you don't have a phone, or your phone is nearly dead (or isn't working as well as it should) and you can't make it to September/October, then buy now.
Oh man, not another of these....
Where's the idc option in the poll.
Wait. Seriously, why pay full price for a device that's a year old? Just doesn't make any sense to me.
Exactly. I was thinking the same! But the rumors is not good enough like last year
iphone, worth to buy.
There WILL most likely be a new iPhone in September. Last year the rumors were so good because the media actually got their hands on a real iPhone 4 months before official announcements
Pay full price......NO
Pay subsidized price.....if you need it
I would say there MIGHT be an iPhone announcement in September. With the way leaks have been happening I would think we would see more and more info if a new one was going to be released in September.
I think the answer is it depends. Here's how I approached the same question:
I just bought a used IP4. I am geographically limited to Verizon and have wanted an iphone since the 3GS. I have had the original DROID for about 1.5 years now. I don't have a subsidized phone upgrade until October and will not pay full retail. The mrs has an IP4; we have an ipad; and we both have MBPs. With an iphone, I have access to a lot of apps we have already purchased, and the good and apparently getting better integration among those devices is appealing.
In my case, I decided to look for a used iphone and (fingers crossed as I don't have it in my hands yet) was lucky to find one for a good price. I will start using the phone now and look forward to iOS5, iCloud, etc. I think the software upgrades and larger ecosystem integration will be more important for my interests than new hardware. The IP4 is a very nice phone. In fact, playing with the mrs iphone, I would say it is more responsive and zippy than any android phone out there. IP4 can last a long time.
That said, if apple wows me with super duper new hardware, I still have an upgrade coming later this year. I can sell the IP4 or move it to another family member. Or I can wait until next year. The main point is that I am in the game I want to be in.
You should wait. I mean, the iPhone 4 is over a year now. Its only a few more months until September. Who knows, Apple may announce it in August and ship in September. You will probably feel bad if the iPhone 5 is a major upgrade.
In my opinion, wait for Next Gen iPhone.
Regardless of how you word it, paying the same price as it was at launch over a year later does not sound like a good idea. Its almost insulting that they have not lowered the price by now.
I love the design of the iPhone 4, but there is no way I would pay full (as in the same price as when it was brand new) price for it a year later, as with any tech. If they don't release a new phone in September, I'll be going to an Android phone, if only to not be an apple sheep.
If you are under no rush, it's best to wait for the iP5, a couple more month's wait will be worth it.
I have the iPhone 3GS, I'm going wait until it's worth upgrading and thats when the iPhone 5 is released. I just didn't bother with the iPhone 4!
Its not worth paying full price for a phone thats a year old. Definitely worth waiting for the iPhone 5 which is rumored to release in September.
I'd wait until a new one is announced later this year.
I've decided to wait then. Hopefully its not a "4S".
I would love if the new iPhone 5 was released September with following specs:
OLED 4,0 screen
(Dont care about camera)
The iPhone 4 already has Gorilla Glass.
Weird... it breaks easily?
Do you have an iPhone currently? Then wait.
If not, are you thinking the iPhone will meet a lot of your usage expectations? Then buy it now used, sell it later and buy the iPhone 5. Simple.
If you are worried about showing off the latest and greatest to others, sorry idc.
Waiting for iPhone 5.
Hope it comes out before I move to Japan.
Did Apple lower the price of any other version before another launched?
As far as buying "full price". It does matter how it is worded. I gladly paid $300 to buy a new iPhone just last week as I switched to Verizon and locked in the unlimited data plan. Now would I have purchased the iPhone at the full price (think it is around $700)........Nope. Then I would have just waited.
You should wait for the next generation iPhone to come out, which by all rumors seems to be the fall. However, that rumor could be wrong, so you should get the iPhone 4 now. But maybe the rumor is right, so youll kick yourself for getting the iPhone 4, so you should wait. So, wait. Or maybe not.
If Gorilla glass shatters like the pics I've seen of the iPhone 4 screen, then it's nothing to brag about.
So everyone who owns an iPhone is an Apple sheep.
By this logic I am a honda sheep, a Sony sheep, a panasonic sheep...
er wow i need to figure out my sheep priorities