iPhone buyers guide uncorrect?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by martinonline, Nov 14, 2009.

1. martinonline macrumors newbie

Hi everyone.

I was seaching on google to find the buyers guide about the apple products. But if i go into the iPhone page it says: "Buy only if you need it - Approaching the end of a cycle"

Days Since Update: 159 (Avg = 178)

But in the text below it says that the iPhone is only updated on time a year in June. That doesn't make any sense for me, because the buyers guide says there should be a new iPhone very soon..

http://guides.macrumors.com/iPhone_Buyer%27s_Guide

// Martin

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

This is correct.

We could turn this into a very long discussion over what the rest of that page means but it really doesn't matter.

Just take away what matters (update will be June or July) and be happy you didn't waste your afternoon worrying about it.

3. detoxguy macrumors member

4. martinonline thread starter macrumors newbie

But why does say "Buy only if you need it - Approaching the end of a cycle" then. This is misleding the users of the site..

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Because of the update to the original iPhone, they Buyer's Guide math is a tad misleading, but it's true that an update is coming, just in June.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The guides are based on the average time in between previous product refreshes in the series -- as you can see, the iPhone series came out in 09/2007, was updated (16GB) in 02/2008, and then in 07/2008 (iPhone 3G), and then in 06/2009 (iPhone 3GS). The historical average time between these refreshes is used to predict future changes. That's about it....