Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmoorhouse

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
Houston
I was all set to run out and buy an iPhone in the next week or two. I just noticed the warning in the iPhone Buyers Guide, however, that an update is imminent. Is that update expected to be a simple capacity increase or the next version, ala iPhone 3.0 or HD or whatever it is going to be called?

I can live with having less capacity than the latest and greatest, but I would hate to miss a major upgrade by a month or so.

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
I was all set to run out and buy an iPhone in the next week or two. I just noticed the warning in the iPhone Buyers Guide, however, that an update is imminent. Is that update expected to be a simple capacity increase or the next version, ala iPhone 3.0 or HD or whatever it is going to be called?

I can live with having less capacity than the latest and greatest, but I would hate to miss a major upgrade by a month or so.

If ya need it get it. I doubt anything big is coming out until June.

bmoorhouse

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
Houston
That's just it, I don't need it. I simply want it. However, I also want a few of the things it is lacking.

If the next update, which based on the buyer's guide is soon, corrects a few of its shortcomings, I can wait.

Either way, I may end up waiting to June/July anyway just to see who carries the N97 and how the released version of the Palm Pre compares.

Theaser

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2008
If you're satisfied with the current iPhone and what it can and cannot do, buy it. Next update is in June.

That is exactly it. There probably will be an increase to 32gb within the next 2 months. The big upgrade will be in July.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.