iPhone Buying Help???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whyyouwanna, Sep 25, 2008.

1. whyyouwanna macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, ive just got a few questions about the iphone and contract.

First of all im considering purchasing a 3G Phone. Im currently on a contract with vodafone and my current headset is a n95 8GB. I planning on giving this contract to my girlfriend as im entitled to a upgrade. So i going to keep my n95, as its still the best mobile phone on the market.

My reasoning for buying a iPhone is that i recently sold my touch, and upon replacing it with the 2nd generation i found that i was getting a bit tired of carrying my phone and ipod in my pockets, so im yet to buy a replacement. So the way i see it as ill use my n95 for work or taking photos etc. And my iPhone when im at uni or generally when i want to listen to my music.

Now is it possible that i can use the same o2 sim card in the iphone and my n95, without any problems.!!!!

Will i stay get the unlimited data usage.

And finally, being on a o2 iPhone you were entitled to the 3G update for £99 so do you believe that the next generation iPhone will be the same??

And your generally thought on my situation and what you think about the iPhone.

Sorry if this post is a little uneasy to read, been really fatigued due to work and freshers!!! :)

2. Doju macrumors 68000

3. whyyouwanna thread starter macrumors newbie

4. alFR macrumors 68020

Tiring you out, are they? ;)

If your n95 is on Vodafone it's likely simlocked to Vodafone so won't work with an O2 sim unless you take it somewhere and get it unlocked. Don't know if you'd get the data even then, O2 may have some way of telling the sim isn't in an iphone and not allow it: using the iphone sim in other handsets etc. is against their terms and conditions IIRC.

Personally I don't think we'll get the same upgrade deal again when the next iPhone comes out, but you never know.

For me having 2 phones would be too much of a pain: I'd just decide which I liked more and use that one.

5. iphonecode macrumors member

Software:
    iphone < n95

Appearance
    iphone > n95

:)

6. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

sorry, your gonna have to choose one or the other, iphone is locked to O2 and n95 to vodafone

7. whyyouwanna thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, but if i get my n95 unlocked, them i can use whatever sim i want including my o2 iphone sim!!!!????