iphone buying help.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BradleyGaulden, Mar 19, 2009.

1. BradleyGaulden macrumors member

my upgrade is in april or june and im 100% going to get an iphone. but my concern is that the 16 gigs isnt going to be big enough! true i only have rougly 1 gig of music on my itunes library, but i want to future proof it! and 16 gigs seems small! if im adding videos, pictures, apps, music, contacts, calenders...etc, how fast is ya'lls 16 gigs filling up?

2. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

just wait until the new iPhone comes out (late june/early july).

then you will see what the offerings are...more than likely, there will be a 32gb version.

3. BradleyGaulden thread starter macrumors member

that is what i was thinking about because they have always released one in june/july. i just dont think my poor blackjack can handle a few more months. i think hes about to die, any day now. then ill be sent back to my black razr from like a long time ago!! lol or a brick nokia thats my dads old phone, but i think the razr is better! lol

4. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

16 gig is a lot of space, especially if you only have 1 gig of music. To be honest, I have about 25 gig of music on my MacBook Pro, and I have an 8-gig iPod Touch. Most of the places I go have wifi, and I never even listen to the music I have on my Touch. I listen to Pandora or Last.fm, or AOL radio, over the Web.

Now add the fact that you'll have an iPhone and that web connection will be available everywhere...you may never even listen to your own music.

As for videos, it all depends on how many you plan on loading on at a time. Once you watch one, you'll get rid of it, right? 16 gig should be plenty of space. And the apps don't take up much space at all. I've got tons of apps on my Touch, and they don't take up very much of the space.

I'm in the same boat as you, only I'm debating when I get my iPhone in July, do I go with the 16 gig, or the 8? Especially if they drop the price on the 8. If the 8gig gets cheaper, but has less features, I'll go with the one with all the features. Otherwise I don't know what to do. 8 is certainly enough right now, but I think I'd like to have 16. I'd never need more than that though. Most of my music library is crap songs that I don't listen to on a daily basis anyway, I don't have any need to have them on my phone.