iPhone bypasses lockscreen ONLY at bootup.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by applemagic123, Jan 30, 2011.

1. applemagic123 macrumors regular

applemagic123

I've got a 2g iPhone, unlocked/jailbroken and on an unofficial sim card, tmobile.

I noticed this a few weeks ago (it didn't do it before) that when I bootup (or reboot, same thing) my iPhone, the lockscreen gets bypassed and it just goes directly to the home screen. I tried setting a lockscreen passcode, but it still bypasses the lockscreen and goes straight to the home page, defeating the purpose of the lock screen code.

Has anyone experienced this problem? I've unchecked all winterboard themes, including advanced preferences, yet it still boots up to the home screen.

I mean, in all honesty, it really doesn't bother me, but it is definitely not normal iPhone behavior. If this has happened with anyone else, did you find a fix for it? I am NOT going to restore if there happens to be no fix because I have apps that are for only 4.xx (I'm on 3.1.3 but all I did was hack into the version number plist, edited the version and build number, got the 4.x only app from the apple app store, then changed the version and build number back to 3.1.3, resprung, rest is history) Thanks.

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Do you perhaps have ScreenDimmer installed? It has an option to disable the lock screen on reboot. You can turn it off in settings.

3. elan123 macrumors 6502

If this is the problem.... lol

4. applemagic123 thread starter macrumors regular

applemagic123