iPhone calamity

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Topdad, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Topdad macrumors newbie

I have dropped my iPhone in the toilet! Seriously. Is there any hope that it can be revived? It is currently doa, and I was hoping miraculously it might awaken like Snow White?

2. Xtal macrumors member

Let it dry for a number of days before attempting to turn it on. Perhaps leave it in a warm area such as sunlight to speed evaporation.

3. davyreins macrumors 6502

I read on one of these forums that some of the moisture can be soaked up if you put your iPhone in dry white rice. Might as well give that a shot.

4. GNice macrumors 6502

I dropped my prior phone in a sink full of water when washing dishes...it was totally submerged.

I left it outside (in a safe place) in the bright sunshine for a couple of days in a row and it was fine after that. Not sure if you will be as lucky, but it's worth a shot.

5. Topdad thread starter macrumors newbie

iPhone Calimity

Ty for the suggestions. I've tried a hair dryer so far. Has anyone attempted to open the phone to remove the battery?

6. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

It's probably not good to use a hair dryer on it. It might do more harm than good. Best thing (as stated in previous posts) is to let it dry on it's own and wait a week. The waiting part is tough especially if you don't have a back up phone, but it is the most important. Don't try to turn on the phone earlier, not even once.

Good luck.