iPhone Calendar Alerts - changing the ringtone - only go off once ?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pqdbr, Sep 21, 2007.

1. pqdbr macrumors newbie

Guys, I'm loving my iPhone, just got it yesterday (I'm from Brazil)

About the iPhone Calendar ... you can set an alert (5 min, 15 minutes, so on) but it will only go off once - it's a short ringtone, only plays once and leaves a message on screen.

I really wished It kept me warning like once every minute or 5 minutes ... until I decided to do something about it. Does anyone know how to change this ?

Oh, and the ringtone is not loud at all, I could easily not hear it even while speaking to someone else in a quiet ambient ... anyone know how to change that ?

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

use itoner to change your ringtone to something louder, higher pitched. solved my ring/loudness issues. and no there is no way to change alert tones that i know of. there should be though.

3. pqdbr thread starter macrumors newbie

so you mean itoner is only able to change regular ringtones, not the ones of Calendar Alerts ?

4. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I had the problem with the ical once before but after I synced back my iphone it seemed to correct itself.

5. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

It needs a SNOOZE. Maybe in a futre release. The Alarms have a SNOOZE but not the reminders.

6. DEVART macrumors newbie

We made a loud and long alarm possible with an app called Calendar Alarm. The app syncs with the standard Calendar and other calendars supported by the iPhone/iPod. And then sets local notifications for a long alarm/alert with a sound of your choice. The only thing you have to do is start or activate the Calendar Alarm app, after you have set your appointments and alerts in your default iPhone Calendar.There are 12 sounds to choose between and the sounds rings for 10 or 30 seconds. In the upcoming version (september2010) a SNOOZE will be added.

7. Trailing Edge macrumors newbie

Aargh! Just my luck! An app that would solve my calendar alert problem, but my iphone is too old (iOS 3.1.2) :( . I Don't suppose you guys would consider making a simpler version for out-dated losers like me?

8. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I found an app called Remind Me Later which allows for snooze. If you hold the snooze button, a slider appears to let you set how long to snooze for - from 1 min to 60 mins. It seems pretty decent, but it can still be accidentally dismissed. I would like something that will keep reminding me (preferably via a status-bar icon) until I specifically dismiss it.

9. tsadi macrumors member

DEVART: I just purchased Calendar Alarm and holy crap! The notification alarms are great dude!!!

Before discovering this, my favorite calendar app was Calvetica. But its notification system is just as useless as what's in the default calendar.

The thing that I loved most in Calvetica is the month view with the little colored dots to denote an event/calendar. You did it better by also listing the events without having to go into the specific day! Brilliant!

I am proud to say that I have now replaced Calvetica with Calendar Alarm, and it is one of the 4 apps in my iPhone's bottom row apps.

I am very happy with Calendar Alarm and I will write review for it in the App Store.

Thanks!

------------

DDustiNN - is this the app you were talking about? Remind Me Later - because it's a useless app given the fact that it didn't build on top of the default calendar database.

10. tsadi macrumors member

DEVART: I wrote a 5-star review for your app but I changed it to 1-star because of a critical bug: when in the week view and month view, your app displays the wrong day for all dates. For example, for March 4, 11, 18 and March 25, 2011 - these dates are supposed to be Fridays - but Calendar Alarm displays these dates as Saturday.

A support document in your site suggested that the 2 Time Zone settings in the iPhone should be set to the same Time Zone, the one in 'General > Date & Time', and the one in 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Time Zone Support' for this bug to go away.

I have already tried that and I still get the same date/day bug.

Until this bug gets fixed, this is an absolutely useless app because all it will do will just be to confuse you.

11. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

No, that is not the correct app I was talking about. It took me a while but I finally found what I was talking about... Turns out it is called RemindMeLater and was obtained from Cydia. I got it a while ago so I didn't remember where it was from, haha. But it replaces the regular Calendar alert with a different popup with more options, including a snooze (which defaults to whatever you set it to be in the settings menu), and you can also hold the Snooze button to bring up a slider which lets you choose how many minutes to wait until it reminds you again. My only gripe is that it only allows up to 60 minutes, but other than that it seems to work pretty well.