iPhone Calendar and Scheduler, what a drag!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mwillack, Jul 21, 2008.

1. mwillack macrumors newbie

After using a BlackBerry for years using the Calendar in the iPhone is almost insulting. What kind of programmer(s) would NOT put a search button in a calendar or scheduler? They were out to lunch that day for sure. It almost looks like a cartoon compared to what I am use to seeing. But the rest of the iPhone is awesome! I'm keeping it for sure! :)

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I prefer the iPhone calendar to my wife's Blackberry Pearl. Not that it couldn't be better, but I still think its pretty good.

3. mwillack thread starter macrumors newbie

But no search button? What were they [not] thinking?

I have way too many things in my calendar to be flipping page by page trying to find it. I hope they add one later. That was a huge oversight...

4. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

yeah, a search function would've been nice, but not a big deal for me personally.

i'm more concerned about it syncing properly. apparently there's been issues with this, which is totally unacceptable.

5. mwillack thread starter macrumors newbie

Synching with Outlook

It's a mess, I have to constantly look at both calendars together to make sure everything is on both, most of the time it is now... :confused:

6. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

7. GNice macrumors 6502

I have a Blackberry Pearl. I've had various models of Blackberry's for years. The one and only thing Blackberry's do better is around the calendar/scheduling/contacts area. Clearly the iPhone has some catching up to do in that area...but everywhere else it is much, much better. Just my take...

8. mwillack thread starter macrumors newbie

You are so right...

The positives out weigh the negative a lot...love my iPhone! :D

9. Tryllast macrumors newbie

Recurrence

The main thing I don't like is the way it deals with recurring events. I'm not sure if the blackberry does this better but it would be fantastic to be able to set different exceptions in the pattern for example an event that recurs every day 8-5 except the weekends...

10. statik13 macrumors regular

The calendar on the iPhone is terrible. Coming from the Palm world it shocked me at how much work it was to enter anything into the iPhone Cal app. It definitely needs a redesign.

Oh yah, and I basically gave up with setting up recurring appointments. They just don't work right.

11. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

12. musio macrumors 68020

musio

don't sweat, wait a month. 3.0 has what you want

13. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, iPhone 3.0 OS you can search the calender (and everything else).

14. RickLarson macrumors newbie

Still no recurring event on 3.0?

I.e, setting an event for the 2nd Monday of every month. Anybody found it? really frustrating!

15. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

There are ways to set repeating events. That has been there for quite a while.

Not sure if that is what you are looking for, exactly, though. I think the iPhone calendar items are based upon a DATE - not a DAY. (i.e. they are based on a specific date --- January 1, 2012 for example, not a specific DAY --- Tuesday, for example.)