iPhone Calendar Unable to Add Event

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stuntman06, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Stuntman06 macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

My wife's iPhone calendar app has a + symbol to add a new calendar event. My mother-in-law's iPhone calendar app does not. Both have an iPhone 4S. Is there some setting on the iPhone that I need to set to enable the calendar app on my mother-in-law's phone to allow her to add an event?

2. antman2295 macrumors 6502

I won't swear to this, but I think I remember helping someone with this issue. If you go into mail I believe, and turn off what ever calender is trying to sync, then it should give you the option to add an event to your calender.

3. CoachStall macrumors 6502

CoachStall

4. Stuntman06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

That sounds plausible. She does have a Gmail account. I think I might have synced her calendar with her Gmail calendar. I'll check it out the next time I see her. Does this mean that I cannot sync her iPhone calendar with her Gmail calendar without disabling the ability to add new events via her iPhone calendar?

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Make sure that the calendar is subscribed to in an editable way. I have a few read-only calendars on my phone.

6. Stuntman06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

How can I tell whether or not a calendar is read-only?

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

If it's Gmail and you add the account as "exchange" (search for how-to), it will definitely not be "read-only".