Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
I've noticed that when I use the iphone Calendar to jump ahead to a future month when creating an event, then close out of the app and later open the app I'm not at the current month and day. Is this normal or a bug? It seems that when the app is opened it should always be at the current date. And yes I know I can press the "Today" button, but the app should be smart enough so I don't have to.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Do you want multitasking/saved state, or not? That's why it's staying there, so you can go do something else and go right back to it.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Multitasking is one thing, but when I actually close the app, you'd think it would reset to the current date.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
It doesn't, because when you leave the app, you aren't actually closing it.

It does it even if you close the app in multitasking on an iPhone 4/4.2.1, so if it's a bug, it's been around quite a while.

It's one of those "quirks", I think, where it'd be nice of Apple to actually offer us options, for once. I'd like it to default to opening the current day no matter what, and for the phone app to always default to Favorites as well.

Alas, this is Apple we're talking about. Options are apparently not a good thing. LOL

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
It's just apples multitasking. Im sure you will come to live with it :)

Sent from my Galaxy S II

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.