iPhone Calendar

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Resist, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

I've noticed that when I use the iphone Calendar to jump ahead to a future month when creating an event, then close out of the app and later open the app I'm not at the current month and day. Is this normal or a bug? It seems that when the app is opened it should always be at the current date. And yes I know I can press the "Today" button, but the app should be smart enough so I don't have to.

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Do you want multitasking/saved state, or not? That's why it's staying there, so you can go do something else and go right back to it.

3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Multitasking is one thing, but when I actually close the app, you'd think it would reset to the current date.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

It doesn't, because when you leave the app, you aren't actually closing it.

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

It does it even if you close the app in multitasking on an iPhone 4/4.2.1, so if it's a bug, it's been around quite a while.

It's one of those "quirks", I think, where it'd be nice of Apple to actually offer us options, for once. I'd like it to default to opening the current day no matter what, and for the phone app to always default to Favorites as well.

Alas, this is Apple we're talking about. Options are apparently not a good thing. LOL

6. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Then how do you close it?

7. shenfrey macrumors 68000

It's just apples multitasking. Im sure you will come to live with it :)

Sent from my Galaxy S II