iPhone Camera glass fell out.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dougbrowne, Jun 24, 2010.

1. dougbrowne macrumors member

Well yet another possible issue with iPhones :eek:

About 6 hours after I got my i4 this morning I went to pull it out of my pocket and the piece of glass that protects the internal lens of the camera on the back had fallen out :mad:

I found the piece in my pocket later. I don't understand. It really should not have fallen out that easily, there was nothing else in that pocket to damage it. Maybe the adhesive did not set quite right on mine.

I made an appointment for the genius bar on Saturday. Do you guys think they will replace the phone for me? I really hope I don't have to send it in for repair. I dunno if I could last more than a day without an iPhone. :apple:

2. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Of course they'll replace it. You just got it!

3. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

I would think it would get replaced.
    The real question is - Do they have any stock for replacements?

4. tsmithgolf2000 macrumors regular

Yeah, that's a no brainer, they will replace, question is, do they have a replacement to give you. I imagine the phone is still usable you can just use it until your replacement comes in.

5. stphnman20 macrumors regular

Damn! They'll probably replace it but I doubt they will have any in stock. But you never know.. Ppl on here are saying that some apple stores are getting a new shipment tomorrow at noon.

6. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

All the phones do this.

Good thing you have a pocket. If you return it with the glass you can get a refund and buy one in six months.

If you try to return it without the glass, they believe you stole the glass to sell on E-Bay and will not refund you. So luck is on your side this day.

7. kamusta1 macrumors newbie

My 3gs home button was didnt work right when I got it on release day in the mail last year, so I took it to the apple store that day and they did have replacements. It came in the white replacement boxes.

8. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

This is what I'm wondering. My + button doesn't actually click. Not a huge deal, but I'll take it in eventually to get a replacement, might be a while until that have replacements to give out.

9. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I'm sure they'll replace it. When the 3GS came out, I had a piece of lint in the camera lens. Made an appt. at the Genius Bar and it was replaced, no questions asked.

They gave me a refurbed unit but, at that point, it wasn't really refurbed. The 3GS had only been out 2 days. I'm sure your experience will be the same.

10. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

That's crazy. I'd be pissed.
    What does it look like?? Can you post pics?
    I'm curious...

11. jgeist1 macrumors newbie

You must be the guy that takes all of the leaked/spy pics!! Ridiculously blurry!! Use a macro mode on your camera when taking pictures like this.

12. ammunition macrumors newbie

Exactly the same thing happened to mine got it replaced. Annoying tho

13. frenchie0101 macrumors 6502

lol no-one can take pictures these days