iPhone Camera Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by codeoverride, Oct 16, 2011.

1. codeoverride macrumors member

I'm kind of disappointed with the video on the iPhone 4S. I thought that it would be a lot more stable. Is that a feature that needs to be turned on? It's super shaky as I walk around :confused:

Also, is there a way to lock exposure? Is there a way to lock focus?
    It's really annoying how it keeps trying to focus on everything and changing exposure as I film.

Thanks! :)

2. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

You can tap to focus, not sure if you can lock it.

3. amckimmey macrumors newbie

Try to be more stable yourself. Stabilization systems in most all camera are really only setup for taking out the shake of your hands while standing still(small movements), not the movement of your body(large movement). Use both hands to stabilize the camera and allow your hands to "float" almost steadily as you move. Trying as best as you can to make your arms work like a "steady cam" mount.

The tapping on the screen does great with the focus and exposure. It has worked well for me. If you are having problems with that it is probably too many drastic lighting changes around the shooting area, almost all cameras would have problems with exposure with that.

Here are 2 videos I did the other day that worked well for me. These aren't big movements, and it was before a realized you can tap to focus/expose, but you can see how well the camera did on focusing on small things its self.
    iPhone 4S Video - Caterpillar Footage - VIDEO HERE

iPhone 4S Video - Caterpillar Footage 2 - VIDEO HERE

4. French macrumors regular

To lock focus/exposure, tap and hold the screen.

5. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Thanks, I didn't know about that trick!