Iphone camera problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AreYouIn?, Oct 10, 2009.

1. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

My sister has a 3g. She has it set to open the camera when you double tap the home button. When she does that nothing happens. So she tried to go to the camera app to launch it that way and it is gone.

She has 3.1 installed. She did that earlier this week and her camera was working fine. We are trying to update to 3.1.2 right now but it is saying it will take 24min.

Anyone else have this problem or have an idea what to do? She has had the phone for a month.

3.1.2 didn't fix anything.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Try to enable restrictions on the camera and then turn off the restrictions and your camera app should come back. (Go to your Settings, General, Restrictions, Enable restrictions then Disable them.)

3. AreYouIn? thread starter macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

Anyone know what the stock restrictions pass code is?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There is no stock. This is something you enter.

5. AreYouIn? thread starter macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I didn't know if there was a stock one since my sister swears she didn't put one one there. She probably did and doesn't remember.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I believe you enter a code when you go into restrictions. Did you try to just put in something? Otherwise, try putting in your VVM pwd.

7. AreYouIn? thread starter macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

Her husband knew what it was. He turned off all restrictions on her phone and the camera came back.

Thanks everyone!