iPhone camera roll, back up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Gibnut330, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Gibnut330 macrumors newbie

Hello, I am new and have a question. I let my iPhone camera roll get really out of control. I currently have 3,000 photos. I keep trying to download them onto my laptop using iPhoto but it keeps crashing. I am wondering is there another way to get them off the phone and onto the laptop? Perhaps an app? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I realize some might mention iCloud, but the 5g doesn't seem like it will be enough space. Thanks!

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

When you plug an iPhone into a PC, the computer sees it as another drive and you can copy the pix straight from the iPhone into the PC.

Can't speak to Mac because I don't have one.

3. FoxFifth macrumors 6502

An alternative to using iPhoto to import pictures on the Mac is to use Image Capture. If I remember correctly, even if iPhoto is set as the normal import application, you can open Image Capture before you connect the phone and it will offer to import. There are full instructions in the "If you have a Mac" section of http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

4. Wahlstrm macrumors 6502a

Wahlstrm

dropbox

I use DropBox´s Camera upload feature.

It automatically sends all captured photos from my phone to my dropbox.

= My photos are always on my computer with in a few minutes.

Every now and then I empty the dropbox folder and put the photos on my external hard drive.. 2 years of iphone 4s = about 6000 photos and videos.