iPhone Camera Sound and Flash?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techdude13, Sep 30, 2008.

1. techdude13 macrumors 6502

Well, I was sitting playing with my iPhone 3G today and I had a little lag, and I pressed the sleep/wake and the home button to get it back (I know how to do this). And then I see it go to the main menu and then all of the sudden the screen flashes white and then fades to normal, and makes the camera "click" sound.

All you have to do is hold the sleep/wake button, then press the home button and release both at the same time (this is a quick action) and thus we have a picture. But does it take a picture?

Nope. I checked and tried a thousand times. No picture. Just a neat little throw in the developers included in the 2.1 firmware (maybe earlier, but I am running the latest 2.1)

Can anyone else replicate this in older firmware?

See you later,

John

2. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Hold the Home button and press the Lock button... it'll take a picture.

Doing it the other way has yielded the same results as what you got since 2.0.

3. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

This is a well know feature for capturing screen shots. The image goes to the "Camera Roll" under Photos.

4. techdude13 thread starter macrumors 6502

oh...

Sorry. i didn't mean to repost or anything. Just a cool little find for me I guess. Lol, thanks though.

5. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

It's a screenshot. Kindof a picture of whatever screen your iPhone is currently displaying.

6. techdude13 thread starter macrumors 6502

:D I know what a screen shot is. I am happy I know how to do it though. I have many uses for this, like tutorials for my friend who can't stand watching the Apple guided tutorials xD

7. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Yes, They're very useful especially here at MR.:D

8. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

don't feel bad, I was experiencing problems with my phone a few weeks ago, and as I tried to reset the phone I took a screenshot. Just be happy your post wasn't removed like mine...:(:(:(