iPhone XS Max iPhone camera strange activity

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThatiPhoneKid, May 12, 2019.

1. ThatiPhoneKid macrumors 6502a

tonight I was filming the sun set with my iPhone, I left my iPhone on my windowsill for 1 hour and when I went back to see the footage the iPhone wasn’t recording and the camera app screen was blurry so I checked to see how much of the video was recorded and only 10 minutes was recorded. I have 19gb of storage left on my iPhone so that isn’t an issue and I closed all apps in the background before I started the recording.

I’m now worried how could the recording have stopped on its own without an actual person stopping it? And I don’t get why the image was blurry on the camera app when I went back to check the recording.

Could the phone have just overloaded or glitched out or do I have some kind of ghost or intruder in the house?

2. now i see it macrumors 68040

If it overheats, it shuts down. You said it was left in the sun. Perhaps the focus didn't get set properly before leaving it unattended.

3. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If there was an intruder in your house, then I would say you have bigger things to worry about over your iPhone camera. But as someone else alluded to, I’m guessing maybe it overheated when you left it in the window, unless the sunlight was directly on it.

5. ThatiPhoneKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just video
    --- Post Merged, May 13, 2019 ---
    Thinking about it this is probably what happened, it most likely overheated. thank you