iPhone cannot backup because it has disconnected error

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MChiarovano, Nov 24, 2009.

1. MChiarovano macrumors newbie

I'm having an error come up every time i plug my iPhone into my computer, iTunes syncs the contact information fine but when it comes to backing it up an error pops up saying that the iPhone cannot be backed up because it has disconnected. I looked for other solutions online that say to delete the old backup files, so i did that and i am still unable to backup the phone. I had also read that it can because of cracked apps on the device so i deleted them off iTunes but the problem still persists.

Does anyone know of any other solutions other then restoring it. Last time this happened i had to restore it and i wound up losing most of my text messages and pictures because it was an old backup file i applied after the restore because i couldn't back it up before I restored it.

2. rickcain macrumors newbie

Possible USB problem

Some PC chipsets have huge issues with USB 2.0 devices. I have a shuttle that is very problematic with syncing my iphone.
    Update your USB drivers or alternatively, if you have USB 1.1 port(s) available, use them instead.

3. MChiarovano thread starter macrumors newbie

All of my USB drivers are updated because I recently upgraded my laptop to windows 7. Also I have backed up my iPhone on my laptop before it was only just recently I've been getting this issue