iPhone cannot restore error 1011

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rock6079, Aug 31, 2007.

1. rock6079 macrumors 6502

has anyone seen this issue or know of a possible fix?

While trying to restore and upgrade an iActivator activated iphone at the vey end of the restore process get an error message 1011 saying that the phone cannot be restored

Now it simply just stays in recovery mode askin to be connected to itunes

I have tried to restore with earlier firmware and on different computers with no luck.

Also this phone has not been hardware unlocked in any way (i.e, geohot)

Any help would be appreciated

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

If it won't restore on any computer, than it sounds like you need to call Apple. It may need to be repaired.

3. taberrr macrumors regular

4. digas macrumors newbie

Solution for 1011 error

Hello, I finally have my iphone back ... yes i had the same (1011) error with restoring loop. Before the Solution let me tell you i had the AppTappInstaller tools installed just before some odd things like no audio on ipod side, iphone saying i had to repear the iphone ... well at that time i resolved to do a restore because i was going to unlock it so after that restore my nightmare came ... from probably 29 of august until today , one hour ago, a friend sended my this link http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/endless_reboot which is from the guys os the apptappinstaller with the solution , i have the phone BACK again :p :) i was almost without any hope of it. BTW yesterday i tried the method of opening it hall disconnecting all circuits and unsolding the battery but i had no luck with that method (i left it more than 12 hours all in pieces ). Ok good luck for all of you with 1011 error

PS sorry after run the command they say please wait like 30 sec and it will came with the nice normal lock display

Diogo Serra

5. zonic macrumors newbie

has anyone tried this!

6. Labi macrumors regular

I've managed to solve the 1011 problem halfway through. Now my iPhone is back to life but acting only as an iPod touch which is better than a dead iPhone I guess. At least iTunes recognises it which gives me more hope that I can fix the problem soon.
    Here's howto:
    First download and instal the ZiPhone from ziphone.org/
    Start the iPhone in recovery mode by holding the home button for 7 secs. iTunes will recognise the iPhone and suggest you to restore it. Don't do it.
    With the iTunes open, start the ZiPhone. Click Jailbreak+Activate button on the left. The process takes 3 minutes. Voila.
    Now I need to figure out how to bring the actual phone back to life.
    Hope this helped
    Note: Don't do this if your iPhone is still under warranty and you can send it back. Do it only if hopeless and ready to throw away the iPhone. This should be your last resort :)

7. tbueno macrumors newbie

1011 Too

i have the same problem, LABI. I´ve solved the problem for the music, but the phone still doesn't work. Did you fix it at the end?