Iphone Cannot Take Or Receive Calls Message

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SpaceKitty, Aug 14, 2009.

1. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I go the message on my 3G S that it cannot take or receive calls and that a restore was needed. Ok, I try to restore it and it says that the iPhone was not able to be restored with a message 23, the screen stays white. I try to put it in DFU mode and the same thing happens.

Is my iPhone broken now?

2. SpaceKitty thread starter macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Apparantly my iPhone is bricked. I did a restore this morning and used Purolera1n to jailbreak again. I used aptbackup to restore my cydia apps and then it rebooted and as far as I knew, the iPhone activated ok. I let it sync everything back and a few hours later, I came in and saw the message that iPhone cannot make or receive calls. Instead of AT&T being shown at the top, it said searching.

I tried putting it in DFU mode but redsnow said it failed to enter DFU mode. I tried several times and the same message would show. After this it would only show the emergency calls only screen with my customized unlock bar. I got the phone to boot up again using Redsnow and I was able to remove my theme. After rebooting, iy now only shows connect to iTunes screen so I guess that is good.

I have an appointment at Apple on Sunday night so hopefully they won't be able to tell it was jailbroken.

I also tried restoring it using XCode and it failed with a message saying something about the radio failing.

Anyone know if Apple will be able to tell it was jailbroken if it only loads the connect to iTunes screen?