Iphone can't connect to godaddy email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by *MEF*, Feb 4, 2015.

1. *MEF* macrumors newbie

New phone, trying to set up new Godaddy email account. All the settings are EXACTLY the way they list them on the website setup / tutorial. It will not connect! When I try to add a new POP account by entering all the details myself, it comes back with the error: Cannot Connect Using SSL (after a very long wait!). Do you want to try setting up the account without SSL? If I say "No", it quits. If I say "Yes", after a very long wait, it says "The connection to the server "smtpout.secureserver.net" on port 25 timed out."

When I try the exact same setup on my ipad, I get the following error:
    Cannot Get Mail. The user name or password for "pop.secureserver.net" is incorrect. (I know I entered my password correctly)

When I use the text message link sent to my phone, it tells me "The connection to the server "smtpout.secureserver.net" on port 465 timed out".

I called GoDaddy and they said my account looks fine and there's nothing they can do for me. HELP! My business is very mobile and I can't rely on the webmail. I need to be able to get my emails on my phone!

2. Command macrumors regular

Command

Truthfully, setting up GD email is so often troublesome. It's honestly all in their settings. Believe it or not it usually (from my experience) takes 3-4 calls to finally get what they need, exactly.

Do wish you the best. It seems every account they have is different.

3. stempsons macrumors regular

try imap settings for your mobile devices instead. i have go daddy on iPhone and mac. both using apple mail and imap settings. usually the port settings have to be played with a little, since different isp's have filters in place that block some connections.

i use imap and no ssl with password authentication using port server port 147

4. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

Command- said it best ! Call them and keep explaining that nothing is working. Eventually they will guide you with different settings. I had to do this quite a few times before getting the right tech that guided me to success.
    I do not remember exactly what he had me do but it works flawlessly now.

Good luck.

5. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

...and good riddance...godaddy isn't something I'd recommend...especially after seeing that Super Bowl ad...lol

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

7. GDKen macrumors newbie

GDKen

@*MEF*

I am with GoDaddy and came across your post.

Have you been able to get your email working since your post yesterday? If not I would like to connect with you in hopes that together we may reach a resolution.

Feel free to reply or send me a private message.

8. *MEF* thread starter macrumors newbie

My problem is not fixed yet. Haven't had time to call back

9. *MEF* thread starter macrumors newbie

Just called again. The girl was very helpful. She "re-synched" my account and everything works perfectly now. They need some better training if one tech tells me there's nothing he can do and another can fix it in 2 minutes. Either way, all I care about is that it's fixed now.

10. GDKen macrumors newbie

GDKen

@*MEF*,

I am happy to hear you were able to resolve your email issues with our support teams.

We also appreciate your feedback on your interactions with our support teams I will be sharing your feedback with our teams internally for training and improvement of our processes.