iPhone car charger suggestions/recommendations?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by phungy, Oct 25, 2007.

1. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Found a deal for an iPhone 3-in-1 kit for $7.50 (with code) on Meritline. Got it yesterday but the car adapter doesn't work so don't waste your money!! Shipping it back tomorrow...

I've searched the Apple Online Store and the Griffin PowerJolt received so-so ratings, expensive and that it gets very hot.

So I've searched but no luck and would like to know what car charger/adapter you decided on and if you recommend it. Thanks!

2. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

Odd thing about the one you bought is that I've seen very very similar chargers, just branded differently. If you put the one you bought in a different box I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Anyway. I bought mine from CompUSA. Looks just like yours but comes in blue & white packaging. I can't remember the brand name.. Emerge or something. for about $15 . It's been flawless for me, car charger works. the coiling retractable cable is great.

The fact that the charger part detaches from the USB cable is plus also. Sometimes I'll plug my iPhone/BT headset USB cable into the Car charger and it charges both on the go.

3. hidehide macrumors 6502

I bought the monster icarcharger..
    Although it says it can only charge the iPhone but no audio output from the official website.. but I tried, the audio is working too!
    I bought it $13.99 on discount in office depot..
    I assume this will not have the charger problem that belkin auto kit has.. because its written it can charge iPhone in monster's official website...

4. hidehide macrumors 6502

Lol, seems like no one use their iPhone in their car.

5. fart macrumors regular

got a generic Car DC to USB port adapter at walmart for $5. Works fine.

6. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

Power Charger

I use an I Go from radio shack I have had it for awhile and I switch phones I just swap the tips on the charger. No problems yet.