iPhone car mounts

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by logicpro7, Aug 14, 2008.

1. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

I am looking for a suitable iPhone 3G car mount that will be able to hold my phone with a silicone case fitted and allow access for my griffin powerjolt se charger connector.

The powerjolt se cable is quite short so a window suction mount may not be suitable so are there any different type of mounts that do not require screws that damage the dash.

Cheers.

2. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

3. jwflutterby macrumors regular

I'll second that ProClip makes really good solutions... They make device specific holders but they are not designed to work with skins on the devices.. I picked up a universal/adjustable one several years ago for my Treo 650 and it has lasted me through the Treo 700, 755, Centro and now my iPhone 3G all with skin cases :) It looks like they upped the price since I got mine but like I said, by being adjustable it has lasted me years through numerous device upgrades...

http://www.proclipusa.com/?sectionp...egoryid=&p_year=&p_countryid=0&p_leftorright=

4. lany macrumors newbie

i recommend proclip also. i have their mount for the ipod touch, and it's top quality.

5. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

6. jwflutterby macrumors regular

I have never had any issue in the summer with the a/c or in the winter with the heat... I normally close the vent behind it to be safe but there is a good amount of space for air circulation between the vent and the back of the vehicle mount... I've been using their products for years every day to and from work and had no problems...

7. Oilbrnr macrumors 6502

:rolleyes:

Conditioned Air (hence the term AC) is dry. Not only that, but if you are charging the battery at the same time it should help to keep it cooler, which is always a good thing.

8. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

the condensation wouldnt come from the air coming out of the AC unit, but instead the air that is in and around the iphone. The air inside your headphone jack is probably moist, same iwth the air around the unit. When that iphone gets really cold, you CAN get condensation in and around it.

9. jparris1 macrumors regular

I use this as well. Works great.

10. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

You don't have to use a ProClip mount with their holders. ProClip uses the AMPs pattern standard so as long as you get a mount that uses AMPs you can put it in a lot more places than the limited spots ProClip offers with their mounts.