iphone car stereo integration

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nownot, Dec 19, 2008.

1. nownot macrumors regular

sorry if this i has been posted but i havent seen a recent post on this. im wanting to buy a car stereo that will let me play my music off my phone ( something other than aux in ) and do bluetooth phone calls. looking for cheap solution, not trying to break the bank. wondering if the wonderful people on macurmors had any suggestions, thanks.

2. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

Cheap is relative. You have lots of options. I'll start with easy ones...

Buy a new Ford product with Microsoft Sync. Bluetooth, iPhone integration, voice selection for music and dialing, yada yada yada. Cost: $16-70,000; employee pricing at Ford is still active, and its a great deal. They actually give you real employee pricing too, unlike GM, which gives you crap.

Various units under $300 offer a din-sized ipod connectivity (may require additional hardware) and built in bluetooth phone connectivity. Sony MEX-BT2600, Eclipse CD3200, Pioneer DEH-P7000BT or FEH-P8000BT. Most Alpine headunits will accept iPod and bluetooth adapters. I recommend either of the Pioneer units I mentioned, though, due to ease of use.

3. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Does anyone here a Pioneer DEH-P7000BT installed in their car? How well does the phone sound when using Bluetooth/iPhone integration? Is the iPod integration solid?

Thanks,

Scott