iphone case for a new iphone user

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by i-sidd, Dec 15, 2008.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

Hi Guys,

I will be getting the iphone shortly and before i get the iphone I wanted to find out which case should I buy for the iphone 3g. I want a case which is inexpensive yet protects the phone from dust, scratch, bumps and fall (if any).

Could you guys recommend some cases which are really good at protecting the iphone.

2. key714 macrumors member

protections = otterbox defender :D

switcheasy's neo is nice too

check out the cases @ www.mygearstore.com & use coupon itsmemorphious for 10% discount :D

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

(this will be my 3rd reply for today lol)

Amazingly a lot of people are getting iPhones this Christmas, because of
    the rise of questions pertaining to cases again.

To the OP:

You might want to consider Switcheasy's CapsuleNeo, they're really good and affordable though they add some bulk but it still maintains the stylishness of the case - looks pretty cool. They've fixed the whole flimsiness issue so no more worries, check it out ;)

4. rgt168 macrumors newbie

You might take a look at the SE Rebel, iSkin Solo and Incase Slider cases. I dropped my phone while getting out of the car and the Rebel protected it well so I ahve left that one on since. I was using a BSE screen protector and just put on the one tat came with the Rebel and it's pretty good.
    Check out the forums, lots of good opinions on lots of good cases. It will come down tot he personal choice though....g'luck!

5. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the replies.

So far I like the SE Rebel. Do I have to order it online or can I get it in appple store or in the Mall. Also, does the screen get protected?

6. key714 macrumors member

apple store don't have rebels & im not sure about mall
    just get it from mygearstore.com ( coupon code "itsmemorphious" for 10% off :D )
    you get 2 screen protector with rebel

7. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

So, I finally got my iphone, and can't decide on the case. I went to the apple store and saw the contour Showcase, which is hard plastic, almost picked it up and then decided not to go with it. the guy showed me how the contour Showcase you can actually protect the screen by putting it in the case face down. I really liked that part but to access it I think it will take time to get in to flip back and answer a call.

I also saw the incase slider, but I have read that it leaves scratches on the phone, so I am now inclining towards the Switcheasy Rebel. The only thing that worries me is that the front of the phone will not be protected in case of a fall. What do you guys think.

If someone has ordered it online how long does it take to ship.

8. KyPosey macrumors regular

KyPosey

i really like my incase slider. I was using the incase silicon case but when you wear jeans its so hard to get in and out of the pockets. Not to mention it really dries out your hands, which everyone looked at me like i was crazy when i said that was my complaints hahaha. But needless to say im not sure how the slider would take a huge fall, but it will handle minor drops and all scratches.