iPhone case leaving marks on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Uglybloke, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Uglybloke macrumors newbie

I've had a silicone case on my black iPhone 7 since I bought it in December, and I've noticed there are a load of "marks" on the back of the phone. I've tried cleaning them off but it doesn't appear to have made any difference.

I'm a bit pissed because the idea of having a case on the phone is to keep it in as pristine condition as possible, to help retain value, and because I like to look after my stuff. However it looks like the case has totally borked the back of my phone.

Pics attached - any idea how to get rid of these marks, or anyone else had the same issue? Looks like dirt has got stuck between the case and the phone, and scratched the back. :(

Attached Files:

2. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Yep, Ive seen more damage like from cases then from naked phones. Dust gets in between the case and iPhone and grinds in.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Looks like scratching and pitting from debris getting between the phone & the case. Not uncommon, unfortunately.

4. Uglybloke thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, guys, rather unfortunate. :(

I would use it without the case but I'm a clumsy sod so I'd probably end up with a broken screen after a week. I'll just have to suck it up and accept it as one of those things. :(

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Next time, perhaps consider a bumper instead (like the RhinoShield CrashGuard or the ThanoTech K11).

6. Uglybloke thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I'll pick one up anyway as to limit the damage.

7. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

To be fair, the Jet Black iPhone you have scratches fairly easily. It doesn't take much to cause abrasions and other damage. What would I do for future reference, is remove the case once a week to be cleaned and wipe the iPhone down with a microfiber cloth.

8. Uglybloke thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I appreciate that, I was just under the impression a protective case would protect it from scratches, not cause them.

Ah well, first world problems. Cheers for the tip, hadn't thought of doing that.