iphone case program forgot to apply

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hlysmksbtmn, Sep 4, 2010.

1. hlysmksbtmn macrumors member

did anyone else miss the deadline? i was holding out for other cases and now it tells me i'm no longer qualified! did anyone else miss the deadline? have you contacted apple?

2. shandyman Suspended

well thatwas daft to hold out, doubt apple will do anything for you know as it was your own fault....

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You're SOL. There was no reason to hold out other than your own greed.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I wouldn't say greed, but maybe indecision. Heck, I had a 10% of coupon for my local bike store and missed the deadline. Sometimes life gets in the way.

5. Ollé macrumors member

Ollé

Thread sympathy = fail.

Seriously try contacting Apple about this problem, I can't wait to read the thread where you bitch and moan about them not helping you out.

6. azhava macrumors regular

I didn't miss the date - I deliberately didn't apply for one. The sales dude at the Apple Store said it would take around six weeks for it to ship, and there was no way I was waiting six weeks for a piece of rubber. I went and bought my own case, where I had more choice and could get it right now.

7. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Greed over an iPhone 4 case is a serious "case" of greed!!!!

8. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

Heck its free... If I have an extra case then rock on maybe someday I will need it... If apple wanted to give me a free anything that applies to my iphone i would take it

9. hlysmksbtmn thread starter macrumors member

That's a stupid comment. Why would that be greed? Because I wanted to see what other cases might come out? Stupid

10. hlysmksbtmn thread starter macrumors member

I'm not looking for sympathy moron. I wanted to see if anyone else had luck still getting their case.

11. hlysmksbtmn thread starter macrumors member

Exactly. I didn't even realize it was 30 days after your purchase. I thought we had until September 30.

Some people here just jump to their own conclusions and make assumptions before they know anything, typical idiots. And they're ready to pick a fight over a message board.

12. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

You should've known better. Apple was already probably crying that they were giving out free cases, why you would expect them to put out any other cases especially so close to the deadline is beyond me. :)

13. Russiaone macrumors 6502

Anyone who didn't apply for a FREE case because it would take too long to arrive is seriously impatient. It's a FREE case. Sure you can go out and buy one in the meantime, but a FREE case down the road is a nice treat. And it's FREE!

Besides that, the estimated time of arrival for my Pixel Skin HD was around mid-October. I got it on September 2.

Patience is a virtue, people. That adage isn't a false truth.

14. shandyman Suspended

also, there was never any hint they were adding anymore, the app came out with a selection.

also, i got my self a cheap £3 case until mine arrived, which it did a MONTH before it was actually due to. if you didn't read the conditions of the free case program to know how long you had, thats purely your own fault. it was there in the conditions. apple will not help you for your own stupidity.

15. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

No september 30th is when the new iPhone 4.5 comes out with a new antenna.

However the wording of when and how long you had to get a case was pretty clear, so I am not sure how someone could have confused it.

Seemed smart enough to order one you liked right off and gone with it. It was free. No real reason to dilly dally. While I would like to hope Apple would say "No Case For You" to those who screwed up, Apple is normally nicer than that, so some of you screw ups may still get a case.

As for the guy who didn't order a free case because it took too long to get it delivered, so he bought one instead, that makes no sense. Buy one and order one. It is not going to kill you to have two cases.

16. shandyman Suspended

Evidence??

it's funny how people seem to make stuff up like this. if there was a redesign, it would have been leaked by now. it hasn't been. as said by someone else on here, Any redesign would have had to be submitted to the FCC for approval, this would have been leaked by now.

17. chembox macrumors 6502a

Way to triple post, dude. :p

18. Chibears87 macrumors newbie

Lmao this has got to be one of the funniest tech forums on the web!!

19. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

20. brdwygurl macrumors regular

For iPhone 4 purchases made before July 23, 2010, you must apply no later than August 22, 2010

Otherwise, you must apply within 30 days of your iPhone 4 purchase.

To qualify for this program, you must purchase your iPhone 4 by September 30, 2010.