Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which case did you get?

• Apple Bumper

Votes: 341 29.0%
  • Incase Snap Case - Smoke

Votes: 108 9.2%
  • Incase Snap Case - Clear

Votes: 82 7.0%
  • Belkin Shield Micra - Clear

Votes: 83 7.1%
  • Griffin Motif - Diamonds/Smoke

Votes: 16 1.4%
  • Griffin Reveal Etch - Black Graphite

Votes: 74 6.3%
  • Speck Fitted - Black Tartan

Votes: 73 6.2%
  • Speck PixelSkin - Black

Votes: 277 23.6%
  • I'm taking the wait and see route

Votes: 146 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jamminph88

macrumors member
May 6, 2007
already have a sticky silicone one...which one to get?!

I bought my phone at radio shack and it came with the Incipio DermaShot which is a pretty standard black silicone case. I can't decide which one I should get from apple for free that will supplement the incipio case.

Gshockman

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
Went with the bumper. Wouldn't make sense to get a case because I have the otterbox defender.

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
I bought my phone at radio shack and it came with the Incipio DermaShot which is a pretty standard black silicone case. I can't decide which one I should get from apple for free that will supplement the incipio case.

I got that too. It turned nasty FAST so I returned it.

I like to know which one Apple offers is not sticky like the DermaShot.

OnNightfall

macrumors regular
May 13, 2010
I chose the Incase Snap On in Smoke. Can anyone tell me their thoughts on this one in particular? Thanks, maybe someone that had a similar one on the 3G or 3GS.

jamminph88

macrumors member
May 6, 2007
I got that too. It turned nasty FAST so I returned it.

I like to know which one Apple offers is not sticky like the DermaShot.

It turned nasty? How so? Mine has held up surprisingly well. I frankly, wouldn't even consider buying another case, but for free, yea...I'll take one!

jamminph88

macrumors member
May 6, 2007
When you have two dogs around the house, it can get hairy. :p

Ah! I see. That makes sense as it does collect dust and suck rather quickly. Which one of the cases apple is giving away takes care of this problem and is still safe to use (I know hard cases can scratch up the phone itself).

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I got the Speck Fitted. It was the nicest-looking of the choices available, IMO (and I already have a different Fitted and dig it, so it made sense). It REALLY have been nice if we'd been given at least one color choice, though, not all black.

slpdLoad

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2009
I was expecting the 3rd party cases to be available sooner than the bumper. Since they were all the same 3-5 week wait, I just went with the bumper.

OnNightfall

macrumors regular
May 13, 2010
I don't mean to offend anyone but why did most get the Pixelskin HD. It looks ugly as sin in my opinion. Maybe theirs something special about it I don't know?

optimusp517

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2010
I don't mean to offend anyone but why did most get the Pixelskin HD. It looks ugly as sin in my opinion. Maybe theirs something special about it I don't know?

+1 but to each their own. I could be the possible camera cut out for it. I'd love to check out the Incase clear. Just wish I could touch and feel if possible. Anyways I'm leaning towards the Incase Clear right now, but waiting for a little bit. Only thing I'd hate to see is scratches from just a few usage.

OnNightfall

macrumors regular
May 13, 2010
+1 but to each their own. I could be the possible camera cut out for it. I'd love to check out the Incase clear. Just wish I could touch and feel if possible. Anyways I'm leaning towards the Incase Clear right now, but waiting for a little bit. Only thing I'd hate to see is scratches from just a few usage.

I had the Griffin Reveal which is clear in the back and wow, I do not recommend clear backs. It scratches easily and you see the scratches, it leaves finger marks and you end up trying to clean those often and if you get any dust or crap you'll wanna clean that too. It looks nice but it's plenty of maintenance.

BobboZR2

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2008
I got the black Incase snap case. I don't like any soft case because of the unnecessary flex they usually have around the edges. If dust/dirt get in between the screen and the flexible case you're just begging for scratches IMO.

Supermike

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010

No offense... I agree, it's not a very pretty case. They could've offered red or something, IMHO. But I got it because it appears to offer the best protection. The bumper alone doesn't really offer much in the form of protection, the incase left a lot open at the top/bottom, and the griffins were basically poly-plastic, which look like crap when they get scuffed up.

I had watched the videos of the pixelskin HD, and it seems fairly rigid for a flex case, so I thought it was a good option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.