iPhone Case used at WWDC Keynote

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by NYCgroove, Jun 11, 2008.

1. NYCgroove macrumors newbie

Does anyone know what case was used on the iPhones used on stage at the WWDC Keynote?

They were black and very slim, similar to the incase, but didn't look like that tacky rubber.

Thanks!

2. Kohkane macrumors 6502a

3. NYCgroove thread starter macrumors newbie

Kohkane,

Since you seem to have more insight than the human eye on a close-up of an HD QT movie, please let us know what it is with absolute certainty.

4. msizzle64 macrumors 6502

msizzle64

i would like to know too. its a very simple design. i would by it for my iPhone 3G

5. philgilder macrumors 68000

6. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

yeah, that's a case, I'm pretty sure..

7. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

Makes you wonder if it isn't a custom case, they would probably want to do the same thing as the auto companies if they had a few "production" 3G iPhones out and create a masking cover so people couldn't fully see the final design.

That said, it is a nice case. :D

8. STC macrumors 6502a

9. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

I think he thought you were talking about the 3G iPhone, and not the 2G iPhones that they were using on stage for demos.

10. NYCgroove thread starter macrumors newbie

I realize thats what they may have been thinking. My response is somewhat out of context. They were directed at another comment from another user that was unnecessary and has been removed. So sorry if it seems harsh.

So as far as I could tell, it's not an incase as the incase has imprinted waves on it. And I'm thinking its not just a 3G mask because as far as I saw, there were no 3G iPhones present. I would think Steve Jobs would have held one up when he announced it.

So it may be custom, but it may be something that someone out there knows about. Regardless, it looks like a great case, and I'd love to find one.

11. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

It is a 3g iphone. In a other thread a user prooved this by showing an iphone edge with almost no space between the screen and the thick bezel and a 3g iphone with more space between the screen a the thinner bezel. On this photo you can see there is a space between the screen and bezel.

12. sananda macrumors 68020

which thread?

13. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

This post in the "Unannounced sensors? Front side camera?" thread

14. sananda macrumors 68020

thanks.

i thought the new one looked different from the front and now i see that it's the space between the chrome and the screen.

15. smartdog126 macrumors newbie

MAJOR THING THATS THE 2G IPHONE CASE NOT THE 3G AT THAT TIME THEY DIDNT HAVE A CASE ON THE 3G

16. soiramk macrumors newbie

soiramk

Could you please re-post/upload again these fotos? I want to find the name of this case! Thanx in advance!