iphone case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Sdougherty, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Sdougherty macrumors member

Hey everyone, just wondering what cases you guys like and which cases are popular but highly over-rated? I am partially learning towards a candyshell with a scratch guard screen film. now please dont flame ;) just tell me what is a better case for a price of $40 or less.
    thanks in advance!

2. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

I used to have a switcheasy case. I liked the combination of plastic to protect it and allow for easy sliding in and out of my pockets and the rubber for a good grip in my hand. However, I grew tired of how bulky it felt.

I recently switched to an incase slider, which I now love. It feels like a mix of plastic and rubber giving it a feel like none other (pardon how sexual that sounds) without feeling too bulky

3. Sdougherty thread starter macrumors member

i have heard some good things about the incase slider. anyone else have input?

4. quantumdrift macrumors newbie

Like blancoBronco, I also had a switcheasy case. It was great protection but I also found it a little too bulky. I have heard good things about the incase slider but I have no personal experience with it.

The case I ended up sticking with is the ifrogz Luxe case. It adds very little bulk to the phone, looks good, and is really good quality. I highly recommend checking it out.

5. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

6. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

Go for the candyshell. I had a switcheasy rebel and a slider. Neither of these come close to how much I love my candyshell.

7. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

The BS guy at the cell phone accessory kiosk across from the Apple store in the mall told me that the little strips on the inside of the Incase Slider actually scratch your phone when you slide it in and out, so if you like to frequently remove your phone, the Incase is one to avoid, but that's just him trying to sell me his case, so he might be blowing smoke.

I had an incase on mine, but i never removed it, so I don't know if that's true, however, i dropped it several times with zero damage to my iphone. In fact, my last hit was so hard, it actually CRACKED the incase, but my iphone was completely unscathed.

I just got a new 32 gig 3GS black, and I'm on the fence. I kind of like to go NAKED with my iphone in my pocket... but if I drop it one time I'm gonna be screwed!!!!

8. Kitsy macrumors newbie

iphone case

I recommend checking out the backflip case for the iphone. It's under $30, has a soft protective case with a kickstand that I use all the time for so many things. I recently purchased this and will not be taking it off anytime soon. www.backflipcase.com

9. Surely Guest

Surely

There are a bunch of threads like this already in the iPhone Accessories forum. But while I'm here.......

Seidio Innocase II

• Looks awesome and provides amazing protection.
    • Has a felt liner inside to protect the back of the phone (I have zero scratches on my back).
    • I really like that there is a window (with a clear plastic film covering it) to show off the Apple logo.
    • The spring belt-clip is fantastic- I use it at the gym.