iPhone: Cased or Naked?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tderemigis, Sep 2, 2007.

?

case or no case?

1. Cased

17 vote(s)
    31.5%
  2. Naked

37 vote(s)
    68.5%
  1. tderemigis macrumors member

After having used the incase rubber sleeve since opening my iphone up, i took the sleeve off once, and it is hopelessly stretched. i was wondering how many iphone users are even using a case.

2. thomasfxlt macrumors 6502

I'm in the same predicament as you. The inCase sleeve is shot after 2 months. I won't go caseless personally. I have to find a decent replacement.

3. tderemigis thread starter macrumors member

I just took the incase off, and the phone feels so much different now. I think i might look for some sort of slip in case to use occasionally from now on and go caseless.

Another thing is i have been worried about particles getting in the dock connector port, so i had been using the white caps i had left over from my 3rd gen iPod, and it sticks out a lot now that i have no case. Maybe im just being overly cautious tho, i mean apple did stop including them.

4. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

cases are overrated after my failed case-mate clip, and my scratched incase..

5. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

sad

i have :(a whole bunch of cases, but that belkin clear plastic case scratched my phone all up so i stoped using that after 2 days my phone was jacked.

6. strurtle macrumors member

I never believed in cases for phones. Especially the ones that clips on belts. I always thought they looked ugly. I bought an iphone not a leather iphone, or a plastic iphone. I like how it looks as is. I like my phone in my pocket, not on my side so it can stick out and tell the whole world, "look, i have an iphone".

7. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

The Griffin Elan leather slipcase is my favorite. So the phone is usually practically naked while in use. Scary, but the iPhone is taking the joke so far. I do have a Power Support Crystal film on the face, you can't even see it's there and it doesn't interfere with operation. Also it has stayed put and the Elan case is pretty snug, so I'd rate that film as a 5/5.

Note that I do NOT use the Elan clipped to a belt -- and I have heard there have been major issues with the clips on that case-- but i did leave the clip on mine because it sits nice and flat; I have turned the clip to use the slot that lets it lie across the width of the case.

Alternatively, the type of black synthetic fabric slipcase that Apple used to enclose with certain iPods also works great with my iPhone. The one I initially used with the iPhone came with a 40Gb 4th gen white iPod, I think. But sometimes I like to use that slipcase with a 60Gb video iPod instead of having that iPod in an iSkin, so I ended up getting the Elan for the iPhone.

I have a black Incase that I occasionally use on the iPhone. It's nice and grippy (thus, not so good for sliding in and out of a pocket) and it's very protective of the iPhone's edges and corners, great for when the phone is in use outside a normally sheltered environment. I have some concerns about its potential for stretching out so that it could end up trapping grit and abrading the iPhone surfaces, but these concerns are are based on other people's posts that I've read and not my own experience so far. I'm careful how I take it on and off and have washed it a few times; it still seems to do a fine job.

8. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

people who carry their phone in a purse or breifcase should try and find a special pocket for the iPhone inside their bag/breifcase etc.
    but for guys who carry their phone in their pocket (with keys :eek: )etc, cased for sure!

9. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

that's why you have 2 pockets.....one for keys and such, and the other for your iPhone :p

10. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

my iPhone is usually naked with a screen protector (so only wearing underwear) and when I put it in my pocket I use a Sena Ultraslim case. Really nice, but when its not in my pocket I just take it out of the case. But I like it for those days that I know I'm going out to the bar or a friends house where I know I probably won't be paying much attention to what I'm putting into my pockets due to ingestion of liquids in which impair my abilities of thinking correctly. :D

11. alexacker macrumors member

Check out the Contour Showcase

I have an iPhone and went through three cases. Unfortunately right after I returned the last case, it fell off the table onto hard wood and now the back is bent a little bit (now I have a "vintage" iphone). But, rght after that I noticed that the Contour Showcase was just available so I quickly bought it. Check out this link... posted a review about it on iLounge. So far so good.. not going to return it.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/contour-design-showcase-for-iphone/