iPhone Cases Arrive

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by junebug1, Jun 16, 2007.

1. junebug1 macrumors regular

I just got a call from my AT&T rep that her store has in fact received all the cases for the iPhone. She said there were leather and rubber cases. They are made by Apple. They will retail at $19 and $29 and won't be available for purchase until 6pm on the 29th. Do you guys think this means the phone won't come with a case in the box?

2. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

this thread needs pics....

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

$29? Leather? Made by Apple?

Seems highly unlikely considering their leather iPod cases cost $99.

4. Eric1285 macrumors 6502

Yeah, somebody slipped up. Maybe it was supposed to be $129.

5. junebug1 thread starter macrumors regular

You guys could very well be right about the pricing but I am just relaying the info she gave me. I was very specific when I asked about who made them and how much they cost and that is what she told me word for word. I also just texted her to ask if she would send pics but i haven't gotten a reply yet. Either way I'm not posting this to start any rumors as she has been very reliable with all the info she has given me about the iPhone thus far. I was just trying to get the info out there so that people knew and was more or less wondering if this means that there won't be a case in the box.

6. fenixx macrumors regular

fenixx

You have a text-message relationship with your AT&T rep?

7. lekun macrumors regular

So thats what the kids are calling it these days.

8. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Lots of these threads lately about someone who knows an AT&T employee or talked with manager "confidentially." Anyway, Apple with a leather case for only $29? Hmmm.... maybe pleather? :p

9. PiMPSP macrumors newbie

cases

Cases have been avail on ebay for quite some time now, albeit they may not be ''Apple'' branded but i'm willing to bet those no difference, just an Apple Logo or the Apple name spread across the back similar to the Blackberry rubber cases for the Pearl.

10. Troyte83 macrumors regular

11. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

The iPods of old thos cost about this much came with loads of stuff....

I hope we get more then just an iFone and usb cable in the box...

I do know that if iFone cases aren't on sale, I'll buy a misc. leather case until then... to keep it Lubed™ ;)

12. Asar macrumors regular

here's some pics of the cases thats in att stores.

Attached Files:

13. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

sweet. they're defiantly not made by :apple:.

PS: do you work for att?

14. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I will buy a number of products from Apple, but a case isn't one of them. I burn through cases rather fast. I replace my case every 3 or 4 months because they end up having issues closing, tears, rips, etc. I won't spend more then $20 for a case for a normal phone. For the iPhone, I will fork out a little more but not by much.

15. junebug1 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah i saw these pics on howard forums a bit ago and quickly realized how stupid my rep is. there is nothing on there to even give a hint that they are made by apple. but hey she is still going to get me a phone without having to sleep outside the damn store so whatever. although i won't be surprised now if i walk in and there is an 8525 waiting instead of an iphone. ha.

16. applehero macrumors 6502

17. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Cases, eugh.

The only thing you need is an invisibleshield screen protector, and just make sure you don't put your iphone in the same pocket with your keys.

18. Gonzlobo Suspended

I agree, cases add unneeded bulk to a phone. The case I used made my phone 20-25% thicker. The last thing I want is to make my iphone .75" (gasp!) thick!

19. kamiboy macrumors 6502

I second that. I dont care to keep something in mint condition if it means more bulk or ruin its looks. Realistically I will prolly replace in a year or two anyway, so damn be scratches or wear, it will go in my pocket as is.

20. loudestnoise macrumors 6502

loudestnoise

I like the horizontal leather case. I have had one of these for my RAZR, and most people I know who have larger phones use them as they are comfortable. I'll be buying one and if Apple makes $100 one like they did for the iPod I'll be going with the 3rd party (as long as it fits well)

21. calculus Guest

calculus

That's the most wonderful typo I've seen in ages...

22. iMichael72 macrumors regular

I'm definitely getting some sort of case. $600 phone and no case? I can't do that!!
    Plus I'd be paranoid about the screen. Hopefully you'll be able to use a screen protector with it, but I don't know if that has been confirmed or not.

23. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Depends on how you carry and use your phone. Personally, I always carry my phone in a case on my hip. I have found that having a case that exposes part of the phone will lead to many scratches in that area. The only time of year that it didn't happen was in the winter when I had to wear a heavy jacket.

In order to do this as well, I need to wear a belt every day. Short version of the story is, I lost my good belt and got lazy and didn't buy a new one. So, I stopped using my case. I ended up putting my phone in my pocket most of the time. Many times I would have change in my pocket and didn't realize it, so I ended up getting many many scratches on the phone very fast.

Its amazing how much a case helps, I couldn't believe how many scratches ended up on the phone in just a few months.

Now, I totally understand not wanting a case that permanently holds the phone. Would add a lot of bulk trying to use it. Thats where a holster type case comes in best. Protects it, but allows unrestricted use.

24. fenixx macrumors regular

fenixx

I'd like to pick up an invisible shield for it, rather than the bulk of a case. I'm just worried about the application process.

I fudged up putting one on my iPod - so I'm a little hesitant about doing it to my iPhone.

25. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

Does anybody know if any of these cases will fit in regular iPod docks, because some cases I've gotten for my iPod make it too wide for the docks.