iPhone cases that can fit ATH-M50 headphone jack?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by trenzterra, Mar 6, 2012.

1. trenzterra macrumors newbie

Well, I actually bought a Speck Candyshell for my iPhone 4 today, but to my dismay, I realised my ATH-M50 headphone jack wouldn't fit. It looks like this btw:

[​IMG]

It's about the same size as those on typical desktop speakers. However, they can't fit on my case!

Any suggestions of any good cases (protective preferably) that has larger headphone cutouts?

Thank you!

2. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

not many cases are going to work with that jack. You should look into getting a extension for the jack so it will fit with any case.

3. Legios macrumors regular

I use an amp to drive the cans so I dont run into the case and iphone problem.

4. trenzterra thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, as for jack extensions, do you guys have any recommendations? I see all those being sold on Amazon have pretty bad reviews as they spoil rather quickly.

Still, I'd prefer finding a case that can fit the jack. I tried cutting my CandyShell but ended up ruining it. Any recommendations for cases with larger than average headphone jacks?

Perhaps those with a soft (silicon?) top? With the CandyShell, I need to push it in very tightly just to get it to connect, but once I let go it disconnects as the plastic won't give. I figure with a soft top, it may just stick in place...

----------

Oh, I forgot to add, currently I'm using a cheap silicon case, which has a rather small headphone hole, but I am able to force my ATH-M50's jack in it because the silicon is by nature compressable. The reason why I want to change the case is because it's becoming too loose; when I squeeze it in my jeans pocket half of the phone comes out of the case...

5. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

you can use a snap case that leaves the top and bottom open, this cases wouldn't effect the headphone jack. other then that you need a really thin case. i have a monster headphone jack extension, it was 7 bucks and has lasted for a while now and doesn't effect the sounds.

6. gabe223 macrumors newbie

I would suggest you take a look at XTRUCASE for a larger cut-out of the earphone jack. It says it is compatible with most aftermarket earphones including MONSTER cable. Check them out.

7. Xtrucase macrumors member

Xtrucase

Yes you are correct gabe223

Oversized ports to accept most third party and aftermarket earphones including Monster cable

Dataport/Chargport also docks/connects with most third party docking stations

8. chobie macrumors newbie

Just search for "3.5mm right angle adapter" on ebay. They're like 2 bucks.

9. Chris230291 macrumors member

Just drill the hole out? Worth a shot man, you bought the case already.