iPhone Cases that peal off the screen protectors

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RonHC, Jun 12, 2010.

1. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I've had times where the case I've just bought would
    A. Won't fit because the screen protector is too thick [Invisible Shield]
    B. When sliding the case in, the edges would go into the iPhone and start pealing off the edges of the screen protectors

With the new iPhone 4 just 12 days away, Do you think the same problem will still continue with the new designed cases?

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Yes. And it's a good thing.

What?

Because case companies making cases like that are so precise, that even a 1mm or less protector cause it not to fit. That means the case companies are making precision cases for good protection.

The iPhone 4 will have the same exact "problem" you're referring to. And the cases that do fit over the protectors are almost always cheaply made. It's a catch 22. It will be hard to find a good combo for screen protector (or full body protector) and a case.

At this point, I think the best bet is a body protector and the bumper case. They sound like a great combo.

3. RonHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Thats what i am thinking, Knowing InvisibleShield, their products are pretty strong, the only thing i am worried about is dropping it, but i never drop my iPhone

And the fact all my floors are carpet, plus i heard that the Bumpers have a layer on the back and front so if it were to drop, the Bumper case would be the one to hit first to the ground if it fell at a flat angle

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Sounds like a good plan to me. Also, I've been saying this a lot around here... but check out Wrapsol. I find it's a much, much better protector than Zagg Invisible Shield. In the end, do your own research. Check out YouTube videos of them both. :)