iPhone Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by THE JUICEMAN, Jul 1, 2008.

1. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

I have tried many cases for my iPhone. and now with the iPhone 3g coming out i am trying to decide whether or not i should get a hard case or a soft one. the two hard cases i have purchased have been great....i loved them....except for the fact that they are both now broken from accidental drops. my soft case is still intact but stretched out....! so i am just asking opinions on getting a hard case or soft case for my new iPhone 3g. thanks in advance

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

3. THE JUICEMAN thread starter macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

thanks for the advice. i havent tried this case. is this cased hard or a combo of rubber and plastic? also is the whole case clear or just the back of the case? thanks again

4. w00tme macrumors member

have you had any problems with scratching while using the case?

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

The case is hard plastic, but it has a nice feel to it. The back is translucent, I can see the Apple, iPhone, and 8GB, but the other writing is too small to see. I have the black one, so the front is not translucent and covers the shiny bezel. When I have taken it off I haven't noticed any scratching.

I hope this helps.

6. w00tme macrumors member

thanks ucf! i'm having a hard time deciding on the griffin wave or the incase slider for the 3G. i like the clean look of the slider, but the thought of sliding it over the plastic back of the 3G makes me cringe.

7. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

8. THE JUICEMAN thread starter macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

thanks again for the advice. and to the other comment i have the incase slider now. i love the way it looks and feels but i wont buy it again because it scratches up the chrome bezel(just the little thin part) and it has cracked in 2 places after only a few light drops!!