iPhone cause headaches?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mikeee, Mar 17, 2010.

1. mikeee macrumors regular

has anyone gotten a small headache from using their iphone to call? for me whenever i answer/call someone for just a minute, i get a small headache.

2. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

I get a headache just reading your attempted thread start

Actually, if you don't take your tinfoil helmet off first, it could cause problems for you in the future.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Not this again.

Here's why I say search and mean it. Post your stuff in one of the other crazy threads about how the iPhone wakes you up at 4:30, causes heart problems, burns your hands, etc.

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

The OP realy does seem to be having problems with his old 3g iphone!

What with having screen assembly problems, laggy performance, getting warm after a few minutes of use which has now deteriorated to battery heading up quickly PLUS raspy speakers....... and now, giving him headaches :eek:

Seems to be more trouble than it's worth! :)

5. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

OP: This thread might interest you (there is some worthwhile information between the posts that are nonsense):

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=863341&highlight=

In any case, I do not get headaches when using the iPhone although I am susceptible to getting migraines. I doubt that the iPhone is causing your headaches directly - there is simply no mechanistic explanation that would account for it. It is much more likely some simple explanation accounts for your experience, such as adopting an awkward neck posture when using the iPhone.

6. mikeee thread starter macrumors regular

lol forreals dood ... i got the phone as a trade for something i had ..that wasnt really that valuable.

7. Lepidota macrumors newbie

I am so irritated reading the irresponsible responses to a serious inquiry. Firstly, cell phone do damage to a lining around your brain. There are numerous studies coming out of Europe and In Italy they concluded several tumors in the brain on various patients were due to cell phone use. My boyfriend had a blackberry and use to get severe headaches when even near the phone...he changes it and no problems now. I have an iPhone four...I noticed that if its even close to me I start to get a migraine. It didn't happen the first few months I owned it. It's not a conspiracy against ape it's obviously cell phones In general that are the issue. So yes it's real! And seeing a doctor won't change it...only now has the truth come out a out microwaves and the damage they cause. Consumption and money always come before human health. I am

----------

Looking into alternatives and obviously less use until i am aware of the real side effects. As I type on this bloody phone my head aches...please keep the smart ass comments to yourself. Health is serious!!! *apple not ape....

8. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

None of the studies published with actual use have shown any damage from cell phones.

The only studies showing tissue damage occur in rats that literally have a phone strapped to them for thousands of hours of "on" time, and even these studies are not completely repeatable.

Pop science is not the same as science.

Anecdotal evidence is not science.

9. Tastowe macrumors newbie

My iPhones are not cause give me headaches. So my migraine headache come from my DNA family history. I have cedar fever headache too not from my iPhones. You guys be silly dudes. Worse cellphone is Motorola droid give you guys a headache

10. sagar4995 macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

im terribly sorry but i can never take someone who actually types "iphone four" seriously. :eek: sorry. :)

11. Lepidota macrumors newbie

iPhone....FOUR....get a life seriously..... !!

12. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

I had to Google Cedar Fever. I live in England.

13. vwooden macrumors newbie

Yep! iPhone headache

I read these old post about iphones and headaches. I have had my first iphone for 3 weeks. I have had a progressivly getting worse headache everyday for 3 weeks. Today I read lots of posts online about people having the headache and the iphone. So I am taking mine back to the store today. I will try the Android. You folks who don't have the headahce have no idea. You are lucky so don't make light of it. I hope that brain damage does not sneak up on you. :cool:

14. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

If you joined the forum to post this, then you've wasted your time. This thread is 3 years old. :rolleyes:

15. Mrbobb macrumors 601

I have no doubt some ppl are ultra-sensitive to *something* get what works for u, maybe a simple headset is just the solution eh.

16. everythingfun macrumors member

I do get headache after using it (calls) for more than 10 mins. Not just iphone, any handphone.

17. Mrbobb macrumors 601

I get headache when people, on the phone or otherwise, can't tell me exactly what they want in 2 minutes. "You wanna think about this some more and get back to me?" :D

18. imadeit macrumors newbie

You mentioned that the sytoms your boyfriends enconterred disappeared after he "changed it". You mean he switched to other brands or simply got another blackberry?

Besides, I have experienced the same, so I sold my iphone 5. Whenever I used it or even took it with me, I feel so "not alright". Besides the constant migrain, I also felt some kind of nerverse for no reason. Putting the iphone away seemed to be the only solution.

19. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

I wouldn't be amazed if by some freak defect, one of the amplifiers is defective and sending out a high frequency whine on the speaker that is giving you migraines.

it'd be really weird, but hard to detect. I've seen stranger things happen. Get another phone? :)

20. imadeit macrumors newbie

Yep, that is really possilbe. Could you share with us your stranger experience?

----------

How are you feeling now? Are you still using your Iphone or got a Android device?