iPhone causing "blue screen of death"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by reno rs, Sep 16, 2007.

1. reno rs macrumors newbie

Hi. I have had my iPhone unlocked for about a day now using a T-Mobile SIM. I took a picture with the iPhone's camera and now it crashes windows when I have it connected via the dock (and with the cable minus the dock). Windows detects it as a "digital still camera" and then will freeze and display the blue screen of death. If I delete the picture, it does not cause a crash (it also does not show as being detected). I can connect it to another computer I have without crashing (with a picture saved and the "digital still camera" recognition). Both are Dell machines, about a year old, and are using Windows XP (crashing machine is Media; non-crashing machine is Pro). Can anyone help me? I really would like to be able to connect the iPhone and take pictures with it. Thanks in advance! Cheers!

2. sujeewonnabe macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I too am experiencing the same problem with my iBone. Mine is on O2 here in the uk and not unlocked. It seems like I can take photos but the moment I connect it to my laptop (using XP Pro) via the USB, it send the Lappy into a memory dump with the blue screen of death and then reboots the computer.

I get the same message in the bubble at the bottom of my taskbar of my laptop saying "Digital Stills Camera" then memory dumps.

have just upgraded to 1.1.4 so lets see if that helps...