iPhone center button not working - button problem or another issue???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by autothority, Jun 21, 2010.

1. autothority macrumors newbie

Last sunday, 6-13-10, my center button quit working, but at the same time, the phone would slide in between screens, the phone menu, favorites, and the search feature as though you were hitting the center button over and over - i figured maybe i got moisture in it, but had no idea how, so i powered the phone down, and put it in a bag of rice till thursday, restarted phone and has worked without a hitch until last night - stated going nutso again. When it first started having problems, one second the center button would NOT work at all, then all of a sudden, it would act as thought it would stick, the screen would flash white, and it would slide from screen to screen, the phone, favorites etc etc. Now, today, the center button is inoperative completely, and that is the only flaw. I did lose speakers for about 3 days, but those started working when the phone started working on thursday. Any ideas, insight? Will provide more details if needed.....

2. autothority thread starter macrumors newbie

Just as an FYI, I can do a reset on it but pressing both buttons at the same time...