iPhone charge cable !!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yogiUK, Dec 9, 2008.

1. yogiUK macrumors member

yogiUK

Does anyone know how i can go about contacting apple to try and get a replacement charge cable for my iphone as it is coming apart.
    The wire going into the dock connector is like freying and i can see bare wire.

2. w3cum macrumors regular

Take it back to an Apple store... I had th same problem... they just swapped it for me

3. yogiUK thread starter macrumors member

yogiUK

ok cool. but there is no apple store near me, there is only solutions and o2 stores? would o2 store swap it over.

4. ski2moro macrumors 6502

+1

Mine frayed, too.

Apple Store employee took a new cable out of the box on the shelf, entered some information on the store's computer, put the old cable in the box to send back to Apple and I was out the door in minutes.

No Genius Bar appointment necessary. No questions asked.

5. Lucbert macrumors regular

Lucbert

I don't think O2 has them on stock. Just call Apple customer support and they will send you a new one. They ship it with UPS Express so if you call them now, you will probably have it by friday at the latest.

If you dont want to wait untill friday you can also visit on of Apples Certified Retailers. They will also exchange it for you.

6. amoda macrumors 6502a

It happened to me too. No Apple store where I live, and neither Rogers (cell provider) or Apple certified stores would help me so I called Apple.

The new cable came 4 days later, box didn't come with a return cable, had to call them they told me how to send it back, sent it back, got charged, called them, got the charger reversed, the end.

7. foobar0101 macrumors newbie

I see people complaining about this all over the Internet. Some people have gone through 4 or 5 replacement cables, same problem (fraying, ends cracking, etc) every time. Even the knock-offs build the same cable, doesn't seem like it'd last any longer.

When mine broke, someone tweeted me about this cable http://cablejive.com/duraSync I got one and doesn't look like it'll ever break.