Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
Well I knew it had to happen sooner or later. My luck with Macs is bad and my luck with customer service (and yes I am nice to them) is even worse.

My iPhone tonight, as I laid myself down to sleep, decided not to charge. In fact I first plugged it in to my computer and the MBP read something along the lines of: The device plugged in to the USB port is not regulated for this power. This USB device will be disabled.

I unplugged it and plugged my iPhone into the wall charger. Nothing. After about a minute of plugging back in and and out to see if something wasn't connecting I got the generic message about turning on Airplane mode.

I doubt any one has had this problem, but if you have or have heard of someone having it, please chime in and tell me if you found a solution.

Tomorrow I will take it to the apple store. Tomorrow will be the 3rd time taking the phone back :eek::eek:

Joshua8o8

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Honolulu, Hawai'i
i had a charger related issue recently... I was at the Hilton Waikoloa on the Big Island of Hawaii for the past week. The night i got there i used my phone pretty heavily before going to sleep thinking i could always charge when im done... but as i would soon find out for some reason my phone would not charge no matter how many working outlets i tried. I have used the same charger to charge my iphone about everyother day since i got the phone on june 29th. But as soon as i got home today i plugged it in and it charged just fine. very weird. I dont know if the charger does not liked to be plugged directly into the wall, because i have a Monster surge protector at my house. I called apple care and they said that it should work directly from the outlet. Now my problem is that i cannot get itunes to recognize my iphone and i dont know how to restore it. If anyone could help me with that problem i would appreciate it!

poppe

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
i had a charger related issue recently... I was at the Hilton Waikoloa on the Big Island of Hawaii for the past week. The night i got there i used my phone pretty heavily before going to sleep thinking i could always charge when im done... but as i would soon find out for some reason my phone would not charge no matter how many working outlets i tried. I have used the same charger to charge my iphone about everyother day since i got the phone on june 29th. But as soon as i got home today i plugged it in and it charged just fine. very weird. I dont know if the charger does not liked to be plugged directly into the wall, because i have a Monster surge protector at my house. I called apple care and they said that it should work directly from the outlet. Now my problem is that i cannot get itunes to recognize my iphone and i dont know how to restore it. If anyone could help me with that problem i would appreciate it!

That sounds like my problem... sucks to be us, but at least we aren't alone...

Joshua8o8

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Honolulu, Hawai'i
call up apple. They sent me a replacement charger because they told me the outlet has nothing to do with it and that they are having a lot of problems with their chargers. They are going to mail it to me so if getting to an apple store is a problem for you, you dont have to worry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.