iphone charger you just lay the phone on

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Acorn, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

my stepmother said there was a charging mat for iphone. all you had to do was place the phone on it and it would charge using magnets or something. no plugs required. anyone know where this is or what the name of it is.

2. jj48 macrumors regular

I recommend doing a google search for "inductive charger for iPhone". I'm pretty sure there are a few around - they will all (I think) require you to use some kind of extra case around the phone.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It's called Inductive Charging, there may be a case for the phone you can get that will enable you to do this, but certainly not out of the box.

4. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Powermat

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Powermat requires an extra case on the back of the phone to do the inductive charging.

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I have looked at the inductive cases that work with the charging pad.

No Thanks

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I'm surprised they haven't made a 4s battery replacement for it

9. SurferMan macrumors 65816

Their useless imo, you need the case for it which is a cheap feeling plastic case on the outerside. So if you have a case, you'll have to remove it each time, put on the charging case, and either use the cheap charger case, or remove it each time from charging and put your case back on. That would annoy the heck out of me.

The whole "wireless" charging is just gimmick marketing. Now if you could just drop any phone on the mat as-is and charge, then we'd have something to talk about, maybe in upcoming years lol.

10. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Me either.

----------

Yea hopefully with new technology we won't have to put on a case and can just drop it right on the pad to charge

11. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

I've had a PowerMat for a few years now. I use it with my 1st gen iPod touch.

The case is actually pretty nice, and has a vulcanized finish over the plastic. Now that I have the phone, my iPod has now become a glorified remote control, so it works for me.

Not sure I'd put a PowerMat case on my iPhone.