iPhone charger

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Amy2005, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Amy2005, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013

Amy2005 macrumors regular

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been posted, or if it's in the wrong place but I'm going to Paris on Saturday and need to take my iPhone charger. Is it best to use the charger that came with the phone and use it with a travel adaptor? Or can I use my iPad charger and combine it with the right plug bit from the Apple travel adaptor set, I've attached a pic because I've not explained it very well :) I'm just not sure if the iPad charger is a higher voltage (too much) for the iPhone.

[​IMG]

Thanks
    Amy :)

2. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

I was just there and you can use one charger for both, but since they are small I would take both, because if you are like me, sooner or later you will need to charge both and if you only have one charger, it will be a problem.

3. Amy2005 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you! :) I'll take both and use a normal travel adapter thingy for the iPhone charger.

Amy :)

4. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

You are welcome, are you going just to Paris, we lived in France for 26 years

5. Amy2005 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, just Paris :) My boyfriend is doing the marathon on Sunday. I'm hoping it's a bit warmer over there than it is up in Yorkshire! :)

6. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

Have a great time Paris is a wonderful city, but by no means a true picture of France.

7. Ste Nova macrumors 6502

8. Amy2005 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you! I went to Fréjus and Cannes a few years ago and really liked it there, so I hope to go back some day :)

----------

Ah thank you! I was worried it would be too powerful or something.. Didn't want to risk my iPhone getting too hot during charge lol :)

9. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Voltage is always the same. It's the current (amperage) that differs. The device will only draw the current it needs.