Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xj4yj4f3tx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2013
Hi MacRumors i recently just joined because i could use so help and i figured i'd ask for some help here, o about two months ago i had a Iphone 4S and it randomly died one day and i hooked it up to the charger and it showed me it was charging but it was still on the charging screen that you get when your phone is fully dead, so i waited and waited and hours past and the phone was still on that screen and it wouldn't seem to start even though the screen clearly tells me it's charging so i tried numerous chargers and they all seem to do the same thing, i just recently found the phone again and decided to plug it into a charger and see what it would do and i did and the phone started, i had a 100% battery and i was able to go through everything for about 5 minutes than it randomly died and im back to that screen. please help me is it the charging port or is it my battery, i want to get it fixed and take it to a technician, it would be mean a lot to hear from someone.
:confused:

anaqvi786

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2013
At iOS planet
Hi MacRumors i recently just joined because i could use so help and i figured i'd ask for some help here, o about two months ago i had a Iphone 4S and it randomly died one day and i hooked it up to the charger and it showed me it was charging but it was still on the charging screen that you get when your phone is fully dead, so i waited and waited and hours past and the phone was still on that screen and it wouldn't seem to start even though the screen clearly tells me it's charging so i tried numerous chargers and they all seem to do the same thing, i just recently found the phone again and decided to plug it into a charger and see what it would do and i did and the phone started, i had a 100% battery and i was able to go through everything for about 5 minutes than it randomly died and im back to that screen. please help me is it the charging port or is it my battery, i want to get it fixed and take it to a technician, it would be mean a lot to hear from someone.
:confused:
It is the battery, so you should probably send it to someone like iFixit and they will be happy to help you out. If you have the tools, you can even do it yourself ;)

xj4yj4f3tx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2013
the reason i'm confused is because i took it to the apple store and they told me something in my charger port was loose but the phone charges i don't understand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.