Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ynblood

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
When I let my iphone battery completely drain it will not recharge with either one of my wall chargers. I tried using my Griffin and the charger I got with the iphone. The only way to charge the iphone when it is completely drain is plug it into my computer. About 5 minutes later the computer sees the iphone. I then can use my wall charger and it will put a full charge on it. The wall chargers work any other time say if the battery is half drained but I can't let the battery drain all the way down. Any suggestions on this problem..

DPA

macrumors 65816
The wall chargers should recognize it. If you leave your iPhone out of juice for a while it just takes longer to charge it up until you can use it. When you plug it into the wall does it at least show a battery with a little red blinking and the charge bolt under it? If so, this means the battery is charging.

David

pisces03x

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008
When you plug it into the wall does it at least show a battery with a little red blinking and the charge bolt under it?

It can take up to like, 15 minutes though for that to appear can't it?

Besides, it's not healthy to continuously drain and recharge the iPhone's battery. Apple recommends only draining it once a month to keep it from developing correctable "Digital Memory"

ynblood

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Yes it was blinking red with a lightning bolt and I let it charge overnight and still it didn't charge. I also only let it drain once a month what Apple says. I have friends who have iphones and never had this problem. I guess off to the Genius Bar I go. Thank You both for your replys...

DPA

macrumors 65816
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Genius Bar will help, hopefully. The charge from completely dead to usable depends on how drained your battery was but the longest mine took was 40 minutes and it was dead for about 6 hours.

David

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.